SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Ohhh, Fuudddggge!

azzalea
12 years ago

Last week, I saw something online about a great Christmas idea. A box of fudge--it's so cute--has a picture of Ralphie on the front, and it's called 'Oh, Fudge!', of course. Well, I just HAD to find some for my dd--she's a huge fan of the movie (gave me a leg lamp a few Christmases ago). From what I saw, the stuff was being sold by Walgreens.

So I started my quest--went to a half dozen Walgreens and other chain drug stores in my area. No one had it. Some knew what I was talking about but they were out, others looked blankly at me.

Yesterday, DH and I stopped at EVERY Walgreens we passed on the way home from our country house--that's over a 30 mile drive and there are a LOT of them. Finally, when we were almost home, we found one with a LOT of the fudge.

I'm so glad--DD is going to get such a kick out of it. And at 2.99, I bought both flavors--plain chocolate and chocolate walnut. Don't know if the candy is any good, but the box is cute, and it wasn't that expensive. Well, along the way, we also picked up a leg lamp tree ornament that 'says'--"Fragile. It must be Italian", and a Christmas story watch for her (yes, the hands are--you guessed it--the leg lamp). Apparently Walgreens is heavily into a Christmas Story this year.

I just love a successful quest--don't you? What quests have the rest of you been on this holiday? Successful?

Comments (5)

• paula_pa
    12 years ago

No 'quests' for me this year. I've been finding enough stuff to buy without even looking! Oh, that's not true. Nick did want a Boba Fett action figure (from Star Wars). We looked in every Target and Wal-Mart in the area in the past couple of months but no Boba Fett (except Target had him in a $24.99 multi-pack). I found him in Kohl's of all places.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    12 years ago

I found a "$250" carpet shampooer I wanted to get for DD at $199 at both Costco and the online Kohl's. Then I received a 30% off coupon in the mail. When I went to our local Kohl's, coupon in hand, I noticed the price was $179.99. However, they were out of them and called area stores and finally found one that would be held for me. I drove over there later in the day, and they could not find it for me. Finally, as I was asking to buy the floor sample, a warehouse man looked again and found the one being held, but they rang up $199.99. I insisted they give me the $179 marked on the shelf, and after some checking she did to keep me happy. She explained that the price on the shelf was the after rebate price, but it never said that. So I got it for $124 and I have a rebate ticket to fill out for $20 too.

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

No quests this year but can so relate. A number of years ago my niece came for dinner in early December and she brought a bag of Ghirardelli's peppermint bark. After she had left, my daughter and I were sitting and talking and I decided to open the bag. I had never had their peppermint bark and didn't think much about it but after we finished one we said gee that was really good so we had another one. Before you know it, the whole bag was gone and we sat there laughing. Well, it got close to Christmas and I wanted to get a bag for DD for a stocking stuffer as a joke. They were no where to be found. I hit every pharmacy, grocery, Target, Walmart, etc. I happened to mention it to a friend and she began calling every store in town. She surprised me Christmas day with a bag for DD and a bag for me. It made my Christmas.

• Kathsgrdn
    12 years ago

I love Walgreens, there's one right on the way home from my work and I can stop in there for a quick snack or drink if I need to. The other day I was working three in a row, first day I had locked my keys to my locker in the locker. Had to have someone come and cut it off. So, I thought I'd have to drive back to my town and then all the way to our huge Wal-Mart (which I hate, by-the-way) to get a new lock at 9:00 pm that night.

Then I thought maybe Walgreens might have one as I was driving down the road...and after a quick stop and look around I found quite a few to select from. No huge parking lot to walk through in the cold, no huge store to hunt down what I need, no long lines with only 2 checkouts open. Was in and out and on my way home so I could get some sleep and be up bright and early for the next workday. Love Walgreens. They also have cute candy-stocking stuffers every year.

• Adella Bedella
    12 years ago

I'm on a quest for my lost socks. I bought several pairs of socks at JCPenney today. Some place after that I lost them. I went back every where. The loss won't kill me, but dang am I frustrated.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!