SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tannatonk23_fl_z9a

Introducing Jennie!

tannatonk23_fl_z9a
16 years ago

Friday afternoon I went to WalMart to do some shopping and the county humane society had some of their "time's almost up" animals there. This little girl caught my eye from across the parking lot and it was love at first sight! LOL! the volunteers there told me that they like to bring the animals to these places because they are the ones that are so often overlooked at the shelter. They are older and not really "cute" and fuzzy. Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder that's for sure because I think she is beautiful! Her personality shines. Not sure how old she is but we are guessing 2 years or so. Really don't know what breeds are involved. She has the markings and smile of a pug but also looks a bit like a 25 pound chihuaua. Who knows?

So we went to the shelter, filled out the paperwork, got approval and now she is living the good life! Sedona and her get along great, she has her own pillow on our bed and everyone seems to be adjusting wonderfully. She is house trained (even though her paperwork said she was picked up as a stray). She had just been spayed and given all her innoculations, wormed, tested negative for heartworms, put on a flea/tick prevention and heartworm prevention. Her adoption fee includes a wellness check with my vet and we have an appointment for this coming Friday.

Only thing I see so far that I will have to keep an eye on is she likes the sugar snap peas in the garden. Caught her standing on her hind legs and pulling them off the vine.

This worked out perfect since DH will be working the night shift for the next three weeks so he will be home during the day for awhile just to keep an eye on things. But I don't forsee any problems. She fits in perfectly and Sedona just loves her!

Here are a couple of pics. Any guesses as to her heritage?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

~Betsy

Comments (28)