SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronm80

Hair Vent

ronm80
16 years ago

Think of all the improvements in every appliance, dishwashers that scrub, refrigerators with ice makers and filtered water, clothes washers with soak cycle, dryers that let you know they are dry. You name it and they have improved it, except equipment for womenÂs hair. Go back to the 60s. You washed your hair, rolled it on rollers (with a little dippty do) and sat under a dryer. While under the dryer you could read a book, paint your nails, write a letter or watch TV (if you turned the volume up). You then took the rollers out, teased it a little, not, teased it a lot and sprayed it with a gallon of hair spray (Breck strong hold was the best). You were done for the day. Actually you were done for the week. Women in southern states had a competition going on with the biggest hair. We all know Texas won. But at least Georgia women beat Alabama women. No small victory there. Now 40 years later, you wash your hair, get out the blow dryer and a metal brush (the one that heats up when hot air is applied and will burn the crap off your scalp). Now remember this brush only holds 16 strands of hair and you donÂt want it dry until the each strand is on the brush. This takes about 30 minutes and two sore arms. Wait your arenÂt through, got to get the curling iron out and wait for it to heat up. The curling iron is the most dangerous piece of equipment in my house. Did I mention how the cords hangs on the cabinet doors? When you put 12 stands of hair in the curling iron, you have to slide the iron to the bottom of the strands. If you donÂt, there will be a big dent in those 12 strands, looks like fried hair. This takes about 1 hour. By the time your finished with the last 12 strands, the first 12 are straight again. Next you spray your hair with light hair spray (Breck watered down with a new name). It is a must to brush out the hair spray. The natural look is in. Yea, Right. Remember this is just your hair. I wonÂt go into the makeup subject.

Comments (16)