SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

Printer Ink sticker shock.......LOL

lazypup
12 years ago

I was just printing some photos and the printer said I needed to replace the black ink cartridge.

I reached in my cabinet, pulled out my last spare and popped it in the printer then I decided that since this was my last spare I better see about buying some more..

I went to ebay and located the same ink cartridges from the same dealer that I bought these from and when I found the ad, was I in for a surprise. These are "Manufacturer Refurbished" cartridges, but they have been working just as good as the Kodak originals only the last time I ordered them they were $12.95 for a 2pack... I anticipated a slight price increase, but I sure was not prepared for what I found....The two packs were now priced at $9.04 with free S&H.

At $9.04 for a two pack that works out to $4.52 each and I get a $2.00 refund from Staples for turning in the empty cartridge, so my actual ink cost is $2.52 per cartridge.

When I consider the black cartridge for my HP printer is $31 you can understand why I got a bit of sticker shock for these Kodak cartridges......LOL

Comments (8)