SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yogalady1948

Briiinnnggg~~Calling Glenda~~

YogaLady1948
10 years ago

Glenda, did you say you do your exercise through Silver Sneakers?? I got a card in the mail today from my Medicare Advantage insurance program~~and a list of 4 places in my town I can go to. I went on line and found about 6 more gyms I can choose from. Do you have this?

I am so excited, I was researching a gym to join today and then I got this~~~one of the gyms I was reasearching is on the list;) In fact my DH's 24 Hour Fitness gym is on it;) HA!!
Now I can spy on if it I go there~~~

Comments (10)

• Momof6
    10 years ago

YG...Are you saying that we get a discount to go to these gyms? ty

• sjerin
    10 years ago

My mother went to Silver Sneakers, then later Silver and Fit for years, for free through her health insurance, (Kaiser.) The classes were first offered at one gym, then a couple of years ago moved to the Y. Never paid a dime.

• YogaLady1948
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sjerin, yes I am getting it through my health insurance and it is free~~there are about 10 different gyms in my area to choose from. I am excited;)

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

YOu CAN get a discount or maybe it's free BUT my insurance does not allow me to get it.

I'm Blue Cross with PEHIP which is what I have as a retired educator, and PEHIP is not accepted.

Some forms of Blue Cross are accepted but not mine.

Call your gym accounting dept PLUS your insurance company and ask. I did both!

There are many in my water aerobics that have that special Silver Sneakers discount. I WISH, but my membership is only $41 a month but a senior single.

This post was edited by glenda_al on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 15:24

• YogaLady1948
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HMM the paper work they sent me with the card said free/maybe a copayment~~~we have this big booklet my insurance company sent and it says free for basic gym memebership. I am calling them today to confirm~~PHOOIE~~they say all this and if turns out not to be;(

This post was edited by YogaLady1948 on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 12:34

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

I was asked at the Y if I had received any paperwork in the mail, and I didn't.

WHen I called the office to inquire, they doubled checked and my insurance does not offer the gym membership, plus I doubled check with the insurance company.

I do Silver Sneakers yoga and love it, and love my water aerobics as well.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

At what age does the Silver sneakers kick in on the insurance for it to be available and paid?
    I would like to check into it too. Does it apply for men as well as women?

• YogaLady1948
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know nothing~~I just got the info in the mail yesterday. I will official be 65 Friday, I never knew I would get this~~~my Medicare is through the insurance program attached to my DH's retirement package~~~

• ruthieg__tx
    10 years ago

It depends on the company you have your insurance with...one year we had the silver sneaker program and the free gym membership but the years since, we have chosen to have better prices on our insurance rates...As I recall the program was just for one period and then we had to pay for it and we opted not to pay...we were interested in good rates but it was fun when we did it.

• glenda_al
    10 years ago

At my Y men and women are allowed thru the Silver Sneakers for Y membership and the insurance plan.

Have water aerobics members that are under the same plan,

Just my Blue Cross PEHIP doesn't allow it, thus I pay but do get senior membership discount.