SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

McRib is Back-Mot SPAM, Not an ad

jannie
13 years ago

I know a lot of the KTers eat at fast food joints. Yesterday I passed by a McDonalds that had a sign "McRib is Back." Sure enough, the best sandwixh McD ever put out is back for a limited time. Thought others might be interested. live in Long island, not sure if its nation-wide or what. Oh, and it's not cheap $2.99 for one sandwich as is.

Comments (16)

• kayjones
    13 years ago

I love this sandwich, too. When I want one, and McDonalds isn't selling them, I go to Walmart, buy the Banquet frozen rib dinner, rinse all the goop off the ribs, heat it in the microwave, chop up some onion really fine, get out my favorite bbq sauce, heat the sauce up, put it on a hoagie bun and make MY OWN McRib!!!!

• paula_pa
    13 years ago

I can remember my last McRib. I was in college, probably my sophomore year, 1988. It was from the McD's down the street from my dorm, very late at night. Until just now I forgot that McDs was there. I went to school in the ghetto and the McDs was off campus but we were drunk college students wanting a McDs fix. I never had any bad experiences but I shake my head thinking about the dangerous situations we put ourselves in back then (like eating McRibs LOL!)

• monica_pa Grieves
    13 years ago

Does Mickey D's still do McLobsters during the summer in New England?

• williamsburgjane
    13 years ago

I read in our newspaper today that Mcdonalds is going up on all their prices. Due to increase cost of food products! So what else is new. :o)

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

Never had one!

• juellie1962
    13 years ago

LOL - Paula!!! I so totally agree on both points; the partying AND eating "McPukes"!!!

• marilyn_c
    13 years ago

A McLobster??? I think I could go for that. :) Never had a McRib.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

I love McRibs too and always try to get one when they decide to carry them, which here in Texas is more often than in other parts of the country.
    I have found the frozen rib "patties" at some stores which I have bought and they are pretty close if you fix them right.

I wish they would share those lobster ones with the rest of the country!

I found this info on another site
    "En-Cor makes the same pork patties that McDonald's uses for the McRib. They come in the frozen foods section in a big yellow "family-sized" box, with six of the patties in a similar thin, sweet barbecue sauce. You can buy similar rolls and duplicate the McRib experience at home easily enough"

• jannie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've bought the En-core pork patties. They are delicious-same taste as a McRib, in my book.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up! I remember they were yummy and hope they have the McRibs here in Cali.

I still remember their strawberry shortcake from 1966. Why do they have to discontinue things I like?

• jannie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They also used to make a burger on a sour-dough
    brown roll with cheddar cheese sauce. And another one served in a two-part box with the burger on one side and lettuce and tomato on the other. Both discontinued long ago.

• sushipup1
    13 years ago

Jannie, why would you worry about this being an ad or spam? Consider it a public service notice!

• joyfulguy
    13 years ago

Propaganda?

o j

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    13 years ago

I like the McRib too. I would not like the McLobster.

Sue

• wildchild
    13 years ago

Does anyone remember Jack In the Box's Jack Steak? It was made of chopped steak and came on a nice steak roll with cheese,onions and BBQ sauce. One the better fast food items.

Wish someone would sell lobster rolls here. But don't think I like one at a Mickey D's.

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

No Jack in the Box here.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville