SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

Majestic Eagle, Wet Tuffy and a Disgusted Corgi....

LorifromUtah
15 years ago

Photos from yesterday:

We brought out cows home from Wyoming yesterday and it rained. All day. About noon it became apparent my boots needed waterproofing.

As long as one stayed dry it was a warm and a good day for taking photographs. I like the contrast a cloudy day gives a picture. I kept my camera tucked inside my raincoat so it stayed somewhat protected. I hope it is still working today.

I shot the eagle pictures from the back of a horse so they aren't as sharp as I'd like. Eagles have that 'mess with me and you'll be sorry' look. I admire that in a bird.

Tuffy got some one on one attention yesterday. The plan was to leave all the dogs home but Tuffy jumped, unnoticed into the backseat of the truck and didn't emerge until we were twenty miles from home. She was very very pleased with herself. And wet. And smelly. When we crossed the cattle across a highway I made her get in the truck. (I couldn't bear it if something was to happen to her.) She got in but wasn't happy about it. See the scar beneath her left eye? A cow kicked her. Now the skin is peeling. She didn't even cry when it happened. That's how she got her name.

Holly didn't get to go to Wyoming but stayed home with Jesse to unload the semi. It rained all day at home too. When a Corgi runs through a wet corral there isn't much clearance. Her belly was green. And she smelled. So she got a bath. Holly doesn't like baths' and sulks. The glowing eyes only slightly emphasize her disdain for bathing.

Lori who will be busy editing photos all day and will share horse and cowboy pixs later...

Comments (13)

• ronf_gw
    15 years ago

Great pictures.
    Especially the eagle ones.

Ron

• ronm80
    15 years ago

Nice pictures, I agree with your eagle comment, don't mess with me. Can't wait to see the cowboy and horse pictures. Thanks,
    Ronnie

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

Yayyyyy Lori's back!!!!!!
    I been waiting for cattle drive and dog pics! The eagle was a bonus, aren't they huge and so regal looking?

You've been missed cowgirl!!!!

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Can't wait to see your cattle drive pictures!

• Dee1
    15 years ago

I've always enjoyed your pictures of the horses and can't wait to see more. I would have loved to live your life when I was young, but it wasn't meant to be. I only have one "grandhorse" lol
    Dee in Michigan

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Love your photos Lori. I've always loved the rough and tumble, wire-haired terrier look like Tuffy. My favorite book as a child was called Bristle Face, about a dog that I'm certain looked just like Tuffy.

Some of the best photos I've taken in recent months were in Kodiak, Alaska where it was pouring rain. I had to wipe, snap, wipe, repeat, to take photos, many of which still had water drops on the lens. Really made for some interesting photos.

Jodi-

• Marcia Thornley
    15 years ago

Wonderful pictures. I love the closeup on Tuffy!

• jannie
    15 years ago

Thanks for the eagle photos! You are an excellent photographer!

• hayjud_mn
    15 years ago

Hi Lori!
    Love your pictures as usual.

My favorite is the eagle on the fence post. That golden grain makes him look even greater.

• linda_in_iowa
    15 years ago

I love your photos. Lori, have you ever been to the buffalo roundup in South Dakota?

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing those great photos, can't wait to see the rest.

Gayle

• danihoney
    15 years ago

The eagle on the post is awesome. Love that.

Tuffy is a great looking dog, I like her build. What is she?

• bigfoot_liz
    15 years ago

love your pics, especially love seeing your cute dogs! ~ liz