SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

When have you seen three socks on a two-legged person, in one day

13 years ago

After some discoloration on inside of a leg just above the ankle a couple of years ago, we began a course of diagnosis.

Varicose veins, it seems, and they did an ultra-sound, to say that my veins were enlarged, so the little valves at the groin, intended to stop the blood from dropping back down between heartbeats, weren't working right.

So, I've been wearing a pair of black knee-length pressure socks for a time, with (usually) white sport-type socks at the bottom end, in order to delay the wearing out of the squeezy ones, as they cost about $60.00 for two pair (alternate daily, washing each night).

Today took son along while they did an ultra-sound to guide their poking of a needle in to a major vein ... they withdraw a bit of blood, to make sure that the end of the needle is in the vein, then change cylinders and shoot a bit of foam into the vein, that irritates it and causes it to shrink, with the blood flow sent around to other nearby veins ...

... and I have a brown pressure sock on the left leg (and the black one that I wore in there in my pocket.

I'm to walk for a half hour, twice a day, for a couple of weeks.

Can't you just picture how great I'd look in shorts?

It's getting chilly around here - everyone's tralking, "fall", so I guess there's little chance of that, any time soon.

ole joyful

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm