SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liljunkr

K Gosslin +8 in S Palin's camp ????

liljunkr
13 years ago

This sounds more like a TV version of the movie Dumb and Dumber!!!!!

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headlines-in-national/kate-gosselin-to-appear-sarah-palin-s-alaska-reality-show

I remember a quick look at one of the +8 shows where Kate swore she would NEVER go camping again. I guess the money must be really good.

Here is a link that might be useful: interesting story

Comments (29)

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy, Liljunkr. Do you really want to start the day with this kind of negativity and hate?

• Toni S
    13 years ago

I agree. Petty

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

I reaally don't know or follow news about thie K Goslin but have the greatest respect for S Palin.

• gemini40
    13 years ago

This is not the forum for political talk..

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Liljunkr, I'll put a link below to the forum for political questions:

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Topics

• bee0hio
    13 years ago

Maybe some of you dissenters can explain how a reality show is "political"??
    Geesh! The Hot Topics crowd doesn't discuss stupid tv shows as far as I have ever seen. They would either laugh you off the board or totally ignore this "lukewarm" topic.

There's & old saying about heat & the kitchen. Perhaps when you see certain names in the topic title, you oughta just move on to the more obviously mundane topics like ..... say counting the dust bunnies under your bed. There are plenty of that topic style that should keep your fingers busy. It'll keep your underwear unknotted & your BP under control. Just sayin'.

• lavon46
    13 years ago

My opinion is it's only political "if" you make it that way.
    And wow, talk about a HOT kitchen...I checked out the Hot Topic forum and its sure no where I would want to hang out, and I agree with bee, this is mild compared to what I just read over there. In fact, for me, its almost scary how they talk.

• Mystical Manns
    13 years ago

Wow Just because Sarah Palin is having a Reality Show it doesn't mean this is a forbidden topic. We should be able to discuss her SHOW without heading off into ... gasp ... political territory.

I think it would be an awesome trip to take, personally. I'd love to see Alaska, and Sarah really loves her state so I'm sure she will feature fabulous areas to promote to the public. I'm wondering if there will be cabins and such, so it's not really "camping" but a more rustic kind of civilized? LoL That would be what I'd want too, even without 8 kids. I'm no good at sleeping bags on the ground.

• jannie
    13 years ago

Sarah + Kate = two lost souls.

• matti5
    13 years ago

I agree with Lavon46, it's only political if you make that way.

I am not a fan of Kate, but her show is far from political. There are many reality shows that have political guest appearances such as Top Chef DC, Kathy Griffin My Life on the D list, Dancing With the Stars, etc... I don't see anyone talking about those.

I look at the show for what it is...a silly reality show!

• liljunkr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

folkvictorian, gemini40 & petaloid

Maybe before you jump heavy on me you should un-bunch your panties and read the article. There is nothing political about this post and it is not a political question. There is no hate or malice about the post either. So give your Hot Topics shove a rest. This is just about a reality show in Alaska and how Kate + her children will be camping with Sarah Palin. After hearing from Kate how much she hates camping on an episode of John and Kate +8. The bugs, the dirt the weather and all the things she said she disliked about camping and how she would never go again. I think it is funny what she'll say and then go back on and do. The dollars to support her kids is what she makes and I respect that. As for Ms Palin, her political views and mine may not be the same but she has some gumption and is willing to try for what she believes is best and I respect that. I do the same. As for the day after the 9/11 9th anniversary, I don't see any reason to be sad and hurt forever. A memorial service was attended YESTERDAY by myself and a few other friends who lost a family member in the attack. In life people die and people kill. I'll do what I can to stop the killings if I find it possible. I won't dwell in the past. I lost a dear old friend yesterday and I'll be sad about that but my life goes on and I'll make the best of it, as he would want.
    Thanks to those who understand the post as an entertainment post and defended my point.

LIL

• jae_tn2
    13 years ago

"This sounds more like a TV version of the movie Dumb and Dumber!!!!!"

doesn't sound to me like you made this post with a neutral attitude. rather like you were looking to gather comments knocking both women! and, my panties are not in a knot. i read your post before their were any replies and that was my initial impression......

• golfergrrl
    13 years ago

Would somebody please explain to me what the anniversary of 9/11 has to do with Kate going camping with Palin? What absurd comments.

• sephia
    13 years ago

I read the posts on this forum for sheer entertainment and rarely post. It seems like a few people on this forum feel it's their job to determine what is posted on a PUBLIC forum. Yes, the guidelienes are posted - but even if the topic isn't one of the recommended off-limit subjects, there are a few people who love to jump in and express their personal opinion, which is usually a chastising critique followed up by a "JMHO" disclaimer. It's predictable who the same judgemental people will post - as though this is their personal website and they can dictate who can post what.

The subject line of this post is clearly stated so you can guess where it might lead. If you don't "approve," why don't you MYOB so others can reply without being subjected to criticism?

Oh yeah, JMHO.

• pattico_gw
    13 years ago

Gheesh..I wish we had an "Ignore" button...
    Don't you liljunkr...?

• susie53_gw
    13 years ago

The Dumb and Dumber comment bothered me. I see 2 women out working to make a living for their families. Kate's ex isn't doing anything to help support their 8 children. If someone would pay me to go sleep on the ground to earn money for "my" children you can bet I'd be right there. At least we aren't supporting them. Do I agree with everything these ladies do, no but I am sure they wouldn't agree with all I do either.

From one lady to another, I say, "You Go Girls,"

• arcy_gw
    13 years ago

I think the the dumb dumber comment was spot on and I knew from the start liljunkr was a bright poster. The bashing posts are just plain bizarre. I agree stay away and go count dust bunnies if you don't care to debate the view TV seems determined to give of women today. These two are not typical moms. They do not represent REALITY in the main stream. It is ok for bright, in-tune women to resent this representation. Where you got politics and 911 from is nothing short of Dumb and Dumber speaking out!

• cathyid
    13 years ago

Good grief. Why is it it so many posts, have to end up with someone, feeling the need to object to the subject matter? This has gone past rediculous. If you're bothered, close the darn post, or better yet, don't open it if it is objectible. There are many people that are grownups and can have a grownup converstation.
    BTW Sarah and Kate both would be thrilled with this post, because publicity is what has made both of them, rich women.

• liljunkr
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Did not anyone see any part of the movie DUMB AND DUMBER? Two not so intelligent males saying one thing and doing another. Usually dim witted and with bad results. Neither of the actors are actually dumb nor are they rocket scientists. There is the Dumb and Dumber comparison.

Kate on Jon and Kate +8 "I'll never go camping again."

Sarah on one of the chats interviews "I don't think reality shows are at all like any reality."

NOW Kate going camping with the kids & Sarah doing it as a reality show. Got a clue now?

Both of these women are making money and that is good for them. In most situations pay enough to make my kids lives better and yes I'll do it. Face it neither of these ladies are rocket scientists but they are fun to watch and I couldn't be happier for the entertainment factor they offer.
    * Posted by pattico (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 17:37

Gheesh..I wish we had an "Ignore" button...
    Don't you liljunkr...?

OFTEN pattico often. LOL

LIL

• Toni S
    13 years ago

Considering the fact that Sarah Palin is smarter than most of us here, me included, I don't understand the dumb and dumber comment. She loves her state very much and I seriously doubt she can destort what it has to offer in a show. Having Kate there is putting a silly media factor into the show. Kate is in a transformation and people find it interesting (like a train wreck).
    Why she wants to be in the limelight and all it's open back stabbing is beyond me. Like you said, it's the money. (For most people, lots of money is a desirable factor, wouldn't you say?) She dances like a stick with one leg but she does a good interveiw. ( yes, even I was amazed) When she finds her place there will be a new woman to bash, I'm sure.

• jel48
    13 years ago

It doesn't seem like this was a political posting to me :-) My job is software support. It doesn't mean that every time somebody mentions my name they're talking about software support. So it stands to reason that Sara Palin can be mentioned and the person who mentions her isn't talking about politics.

• wantoretire_did
    13 years ago

"Considering the fact that Sarah Palin is smarter than most of us here"

Now there's a debate waiting to happen ;-)

• gemini40
    13 years ago

I am sorry if you were offended by my comment that "this is not a forum for political talk".
    Your post got the response I knew it would, just wanted to direct you to another forum where your politics would be welcomed.
    You see when I hear"Dumb and Dumber", Palin and Gosselin do not come to my mind. And no I have never seen the movie.

• jannie
    13 years ago

Both of them are has-beens. Their 15 minutes is so over!

• folkvictorian
    13 years ago

So I guess your answer was a clear "yes", Liljunkr, you DO want to start your day with negativity and hate. OK, glad we've settled that! :)

• Adella Bedella
    13 years ago

I like Sarah Palin and Kate Gosslin doesn't bother me. I think she does what she does for the kids. However, I think the two of them camping together is quite odd. If the tv producers think this is a great idea, then maybe they can have Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods together for a scrapbooking crop night.

• joyfulguy
    13 years ago

With 447 channels (or is that 547?) ...

... they have to pay folks to stay up late at night to dream up new ideas ... and people ... or even old ones ...
    to keep those pictures and that talk coming.

While those who sit and watch ...

... get fat.

(and crabby?)

ole joyful

• barb_from_pa
    13 years ago

I don't know why anybody cares what Kate Gosselin does.

• lilliepad
    13 years ago

OJ you make my day!!! LOL