SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

I have a technical TV question, can you help me?

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

Our main TV is in the LR. Behind the wall where the TV is is the kitchen, and I had a small TV on the counter, and it is hooked up to the big TV thru a hole in the wall, it only gets the same show at the same time from the satellite thru a co-ax cable. The TV died during our power outage/surges, etc. So I need another TV there, and size is an issue. (I tried to fix the TV, put in a new fuse, but it started smoking and crackling and it's a goner.)

Since I will only be piggy-backing from the big TV, do I have to have an actual TV or could I possibly use just a monitor? And would just a monitor provide decent audio? Would co-ax hook to a monitor or would I need an adapter of some kind? We don't use this TV a lot, just when cooking or cleaning up.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I could get another little TV just like the one I had for about $100, but it was a tube TV and you know how bulky they are. I was kind of wanting a flat screen TV, but they don't make too many small ones that have good pictures AND good audio AND would fit under my cabinets and they would run about $250-$300.

Thanks for any help you give me. If Woody was here, he'd probably know this stuff, maybe. But I KNOW some of you will know!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022