SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

Update on my home perm

sue_va
14 years ago

To make a short story long, I'll mention my pursuit of the Perm.

Went to Kmart; they had the Perms, but not the rods. Went on to WalMart; same thing. Very frustrating.

MyDGD (the designated Perm-giver) lives about 30 minutes away and I know there is a Sallys near her, so I was going to have her get everything there. Before I called her I talked with my DD, who is only about 10 minutes away and she said she thought a Sallys had opened up where the new Target is and she would get it on her way out here this morning.

She told the girl at Sallys that it was for her Mother, and that I have grey (in the front and sides) short hair. She recommended, and DD bought a One'n Only perm called SHINY SILVER for grey hair. Also got rods (pink and grey) , and end papers.

DGD read all the directions and went to work on my hair. She, BTW, went to Beauty School when she was 16, and didn't even last out the year! She mentioned it had been about 20 years since she had given any one a perm.

This was not "your mother's perm" because there were end papers of a mesh type material, several bottles of things to use, or mix and best of all, did not smell like rotten eggs like the old ones! I remember years ago when my DH would come home from work and I had gotten or given a perm, as soon as he opened the door he would say something about the Rotten Egg smell.

It only took an hour and a half to do the whole thing. We didn't have enough rods, but that was okay, it just left the back straight, down towards the bottom. I've seen other people with cuts like that.

Then we ordered Pizza and DGD went on to a meeting. DD stayed a while then went home. We always have fun when we are together and I am so thankful for having these girls in my life. I reminded my DD that I gave her her first Tonette when she was 18 months old. I kept giving them to her until she was thirteen and she wanted her hair cut short....which she soon regretted! When she was getting the Tonettes her hair was always long, and everybody thought she had naturally curly hair!

Anyway, The perm turned out great! I think it looks CUTE! Sorry I don't have the kind of camera that takes and shows instant pics.

I remember when my sisters and I were young my DF said he didn't understand why they were called permanents, because we had to keep going back and getting them again!

My friend says I can't tell a short story. She is right.

I could have just said. The perm was okay.

P.S. The perm etc. from Sallys only cost $15.75.

Sue

Comments (9)