SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debnfla8b

Soft and Fluffy Bread dough recipe...

debnfla8b
15 years ago

I just made this loaf and I think it is the best I have ever made. I cut a hunk of dough off and made some rolls for supper...of course I had to eat the one my finger poked through..hahahahaha

Ingredients

3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (12 3/4 oz)

2 teaspoons instant yeast

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

3 tablespoons sugar

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1 1/8 cups lukewarm milk (1 cup + 2 tablespoon)

1/4 cup potato flour (1 1/2 oz)

Directions

1Combine all ingredients (reserve about 1/2 cup of flour) and mix thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.

2Add reserved flour a tablespoon at a time to mixture until a soft, smooth dough is formed.

3You may not need the whole amount or you may need more.

4Anyway, add JUST enough flour until dough comes away from bowl and it doesn't stick to your fingers (ie the dough becomes manageable) Remember, the more flour you add while kneading, the heavier and drier your loaf will be.

5Turn dough out on lightly greased surface and knead for a while, about 10mins.

6Cover and let rise for about 1 hour, until puffy (dough might not double in bulk).

7Transfer dough to a lightly greased surface and shape it into a 8" log.

8Transfer log to a lightly greased loaf pan (8 1/2" x 4 1/2"), cover the pan with plastic proof cover (i just cover with a greased cling wrap, loosely).

9Let dough rise for about 1 hour, until outer edge has risen about 1" over the rim of the pan.

10Preheat oven to 350F.

11Uncover pan and bake for 35-40mins, tenting lightly with foil for the final 10-15mins if the top is browning too quickly.

12Remove bread from oven, take it out of the pan, and cool on wire rack.

13After 15mins, brush with butter, if desired; to give loaf an exceptionally soft crust.

14NOTE 1: I've tried substituting 2 tbsp lecithin granules for half of the butter (2 tbsp lecithin+ 2 tbsp butter)- it makes an even more tender loaf, and extends the shelf life a bit.

15NOTE 2:You may also use 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk+ 1 1/8 cup of lukewarm water to replace the milk called for in recipe.

16NOTE 3: Potato flour (1/4 cup) may be replaced with 1/3 cup potato flakes.

Deb :o))

Comment (1)