SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Thinking of going to Japan next year

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

I had planned to take a shorter trip somewhere, but now am thinking, why wait? I really want to find my mom's family (she was born in Japan) and the longer I wait the less likely that is.

I talked to a friend the other night who lives in Hawaii. She's been wanting me to come visit so I told her next year. I was going to stay a couple weeks but since Japan is so close to Hawaii I'm thinking, why not just go then to Japan too?

So, I'm wondering if Jody and Carol can tell me what is the best times of the year to visit Japan, or anyone else who has gone or lived there? My mom used to say not to go during monsoon season, but I have no idea when that is, is it the Fall? My friend in Hawaii wants me to come during the summer, her son and husband will be vacationing (they were in Europe at the same time we were this past summer!), so I can just use her son's room. But, I kind of want to see the cherry blossoms, are they in bloom at the same time they would be here, in early Spring? I may just rent a hotel in Hawaii, if I have to.

I would appreciate any advice I can get. Now, I have to really start looking for names and addresses of my mom's family. I used to write to one of my cousins, have no idea where she would be now. All my dad can tell me is my mom's family is from north of Tokyo. I hope I saved some of her letters somewhere.

Comments (5)