SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Do you watch HGTV?

caflowerluver
15 years ago

The house I just saw on Designer's Challenge HGTV show is for sale. The episode was callled "Dream Kitchen" (2005). They were remodeling the kitchen of an old 1936 house that had belonged to his grandmother. Really big and grand old house. I would love a house like that!

I was curious to see how much houses went for in the area, so did a search. It was so bizarre because in the search I pulled up the exact house. This has never happened before. I sometimes check areas in the rest of the country, after seeing a show, just to see what property values are compared to here in CA.

Makes you wonder, why is he selling his grandmother's house? I would want to keep it in the family. Why after spending so much on the house, let alone the kitchen -$75,000 in 2005, are they selling it? Maybe they spent too much? They seemed like a happily married young couple. She was so happy with her beautiful new "Dream Kitchen", but that only lasted 3 years! Makes you wonder about spending tons of money on your own house. Who knows what the future holds. I would hate to have to give it up in the near future after all that work and money.

Clare

Here is the house listing.

Haworth, N.J.

HGTV Designer's Challenge "Dream Kitchen"

Comments (18)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA