SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Anyone have Toric Lenses Implanted?

chisue
10 years ago

Oh, here she is again, tiresome Sue...finally going to get her cataract surgeries. She's gone to a different doctor than the one she 'fought' with last year. He's tested her eyes and measured them and explained the various lens options. (He's a very happy man, just home from his honeymoon -- although not his first.)

She's all ready to order the multi-focal lenses when -- whoops -- he says, "Wait a minute. We need to re-measure your eyes."

No multi-focal for her because she has double astigmatism -- misshapen on the cornea and on the lens. The doctor explained it as one 'football' shape going N-S at the cornea, and one 'football' shape going E-W at the lens.

Don't you HATE to be an 'interesting case'?

...So now I am to have "AcrySof IQ Toric IOL". Right eye Sept. 12 with checkup the following day. Left eye Sept. 26 with checkup the following day.

Charges *per eye* are $345 to the hospital out-patient and $900 to the MD for all services. I'm told this is out-of-pocket.

I've just re-read our long threads about cataracts and didn't find anyone who'd gotten Toric lenses. I'm told I will need reading glasses after this.

Although I aparantly have no other choice, does anyone have the Toric corrective lenses? Experience with them?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company