SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilflower71

Flying questions

aprilflower
15 years ago

I'm flying to a friend's house for the weekend on Thursday, and I haven't flown in over 10 years, so I have a few questions :-)

Makeup in the carry-on: are they still picky about things like mascara? I know not to bring liquids like shampoos, etc, unless I want to repackage them into the clear containers with the ziploc (I'll probably just pack things like that into the checked luggage), but I was considering packing my makeup kit (bare escentuals, mostly - I've already picked up a tip that I should pack cotton balls into the lids of the jars to reduce spillage) and I could swear I remember something about mascara that was a no-no. A perfume bottle in my purse is ok, right? Or no?

How nosy ARE they when they check your carry-on? If I packed a change of clothing (in case the regular luggage is lost) will they be rifling thru the clothes (and my undies! lol!) right there in front of everyone on the conveyor belt? Or is it more of an x-ray thing where they only open them up if something looks suspicious?

I'm also in the middle of crocheting a baby blanket for a co-worker, am I allowed to bring my crochet hook (but no scissors)?

Any other savvy tips for me? I thought I was fine with this but now I'm getting nervous about all of the things I don't know, lol!

thanks in advance :-)

april

Comments (20)