SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joan_2007

Need help for backsplash around bay window and sink

joan_2007
15 years ago

I am almost ready to give up. I only want to put a backsplash behind the sink and then something on the base of the bay window. I don't plan to backsplash anywhere else. I'd prefer a cream color, ceramic, rectangular tile with a little bit of color added (from glass tile or something else) that picks up some of the darker colors in the Santa Cecilia granite. Any ideas on this?

The ideas we've thought of already - granite at the bay window base (rejected because it would be too thick to be able to turn the handle to open the window); granite tiles (rejected because the color doesn't match the countertop granite). Ideas still under consideration: ceramic tile on bay window base with a bull nose tile on front edge and then continuing down to behind the sink; or wood trim molding on the lower part of the window which would eliminate the need for a bull nose tile and then just put tile on the bay window base and the backsplash behind the sink. If we put wood trim molding there, would that be a problem with water from the sink affecting the wood. (The window base is about 5 inches above the sink, but the bottom of the molding would only be about 2 inches above the sink). Anybody have ideas? Many thanks.

I also saved this photo below but don't know who the vendor is. This tile might be good. Anyone recognize it?

Thanks

Comments (8)