SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpowers_gw

Help needed! Conestoga or 6 Square Cabinets?

kpowers
13 years ago

I'm in a bad place and need help. Six years ago, I put in a new kitchen and made many mistakes that I could not live with. After 3 years of research and planning, we ripped out the cabs and stone about a month ago with the idea that I was buying Ikea cab boxes and Scherrs doors. That is...until I bought the entire kitchen and started setting up the cabs. The flakey looking particle board and assembly methods freaked me out and I pulled the plug. (I know, crazy....so back to Ikea all the cabinets are going). No disrespect to those of you who have Ikea. Being that this is my second kitchen, I have to get this right. I don't want to be doing this again in 5 years!

I have narrowed my search down to Conestoga and 6 Square cabs as suitable replacements (both full overlay shaker doors, painted white). I want quality this time around, but I can't afford custom quality. And I am not afraid of RTA (Conestoga is RTA and 6 Square comes assembled). Price-wise...Conestoga is more than 6, but it is better quality in my book. They also have more customization options as well. I know there have been a few recent posts going on RTA, which has been very helpful, however, I am hoping to see pics of either cabinet that may not be posted on finished kitchens. Anyone have 6 Square? If so, can you tell me your thoughts/experience? I have seen a small 6 Square display, but it was hard to get a good feel for it. I have read nothing but positives for Conestoga. My gut says to go with Conestoga, but I really would love support either way from GW folks. You guys have kept me sane through this mess! So I thank you in advance for any guidance/input you can offer.

Comments (15)