SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalthreems

Can you see the line where your granite laminate edge is located?

socalthreems
16 years ago

I have granite counters in my bathrooms and had it in my old kitchen. It was fairly dark in color - no idea what it was called. In any event, you could BARELY see the line where the laminate piece (is that what it is even called?) is attached. In fact, I never knew it was there until someone pointed it out to me (this was pre-GW), and I had to really look to see it.

In any event, I have reserved 3 slabs of Verde Butterfly and I went to the fabricator today to look at the various edges in person to make sure I am happy with them. Instead I left disappointed.

They had an example of verde butterfly in an ogee edge (what I had planned for the island) and you could clearly and easily see the spot where it connects. The lady said that is common for dark stones and for granite in general. I beg to differ, however. I have a dark granite and you hardly see it at all.

So my question is: is this the nature of verde butterfly, or are these fabricators missing something? I will say that they have come highly recommended from more than one source.

So, can you see the line on your granite laminate edges? Does it bother you? Do certain edges "hide" it a bit more than others? Is it really worse with a darker granite?

I tried to search and see if this topic had been dealt with before, but couldn't find anything. I apologize in advance if I am rehashing something that has already been discussed.

THANKS!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!