SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xtacie11

compromises compromises!

xtacie11
10 years ago

We are still banging out our kitchen layout. Lavender Lass planted the idea to swap the current kitchen with the family room and it's a go. (Thank you L.L!) Now for the the compromises.... 1) I want openness so no cooktop/wall oven combo. I'm looking at the GE slide-in induction+ Miele speed oven. Prefer the advantium but no under counter installation for the 240V. It can go in the pantry cabinet but then there's the "barrier island" thing. Plan with island /sink disadvantages -- 1) More expensive construction in slab house 2) sink cabinet used up for loop vent underneath 3) no uppers (which isn't a must) 4) speed oven looks kind of goofy next to range but I'm hesitant to put it in the island next to the seating area and behind the wine storage.I'm sure there is some heat transference. Dishwasher needs to stay on the right near the dish storage. I also included photos with the range/sink swapped.... Please jump in with suggestions/critiques! The only thing I'm set against is 1)blocking the fireplace from view of the living room and 2) I really don't want a prep sink. There are 2 of us and I am the primary solo cook. It's a very casual household even when entertaining. Thanks for all the input I've gotten thus far -- I can't wait to DO instead of just PLAN TO DO!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen photos

Comments (3)