SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missyv_gw

80% finished BA w/ wood island kitchen...pics!

MIssyV
12 years ago

Hello Fellow GW's! We are "done for now" with our kitchen, so wanted to post some updated pictures since you were all so helpful in our decision making. I say 80% because we still need to switch out our appliances & hood to stainless and install a back splash. Those will hopefully be in the somewhat near future :)

For those of you that don't remember the before kitchen, we bought my grandparents home in 2003 that they had built in 1975. It's a joy to open a closet that still smells like "grandma" even after all this time.

How it looks today....

pantry around corner from fridge..

Not a lot of details to share, but here is what I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Cabs- original to house, painted myself with BM Satin Impervo in Linen White

2. Granite - Bianco Antico, eased edge

3. Island - had a local custom cabinet maker use our existing peninsula cabs to make us an island. I showed him a picture (another GW's kitchen) of what I had in mind for the legs and apron, and we think he did a great job! He made our mahogany top for us as well (ogee edge). He also made us a new valance over the sink so we can ditch the dated one and a new double cab to the right of the sink where a single one use to be, allowing the top cabs to line up with the bottom cabs. He did a fabulous job matching the existing doors!

4. Floors- we laid 800 sq ft roughly ourselves of Mannington Revolutions plank. I really like it. Its from their Heritage Cherry collection, and color is Tanned Hide. We are on a slab and didn't feel comfortable installing real wood, so this was our alternative.

5. Stools are from Target!

Thanks again to all who took the time to answer my questions along the way. I learned a lot about kitchens and about myself :)

Comments (45)