SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Third time is a charm (I hope)....

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Thank you all for your help with my first two plans. Problems with chimney placement, roof lines, cost, and a few other things have derailed them...but I merged them and have a new plan.

Hope you will give me your usual excellent advice and help...or just tell me it looks nice! (LOL) Seriously, thank you for your past input and I hope you don't mind looking at this one more time! :)

{{gwi:1416691}}

The dining room is still in front, but the sunroom and keeping room have merged into one space, with the corner fireplace and south facing windows. The back hall is still here (love that in plan 2) so now the laundry/mudroom area and pantry are much easier to access from the hall bath and the rest of the house.

The living room is across the front hall from the dining room and the master bedroom/bath are behind it. Upstairs, are two bedrooms and a bath...and basement is mostly cellar under this area, with "man cave" under the living room/master bedroom area. (This part of the house is the 1950s addtion, so there's even a fireplace downstairs, under the living room fireplace.)

The back is a screened porch, if there's any money left...otherwise a deck. Hoping for a screened porch, though, to keep 'the critters' out...those porcupines and racoons can surprise you, when they're on the other side of the door, first thing in the morning! LOL

Oh, I should mention, the kitchen is still french/country with the open dining area and seating area. Still thinking of a work table, rather than island, so probably 3' x 5' with wooden or stone/marble top. The window over the kitchen sink, looks through to the laundry room...with another window across from it...so there should be some indirect light for the kitchen. Also, still like the same tile for the backsplash, with white cabinets and appliances, white sink, antique brass faucet and hardware and wood floors (or vinyl that looks like wood).

{{gwi:1518828}}

{{gwi:617005}}

Comments (27)