SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Trailrunner et al. Ho Do You Like Your Soapstone Sinks?

enduring
12 years ago

People, how do you like your soapstone sinks? I have a lot of remnant soapstone that I picked up recently. I have a plan to make a single basin sink and install it in the room next to my new kitchen (the bathroom). I haven't exactly designed it yet - it is still in the conceptual stage.

The problem initially was that I couldn't find a cast iron sink in the Sea Salt White that kohler makes that would fit the shallow base I needed. So I got the idea of making a sink out of soapstone.

I want this sink to function as a hand washing/small laundry sink. It will need to go in a shallow sink base cabinet of 18" depth, and the sink be flush or slightly overhanging the sink base as in a farmhouse style sink and base cabinet. The length of the cabinet will be 36-42" depending on what I figure out. I plan on having a small amount of counter space on either side, about 10" each. I would put a wall mounted faucet on a soapstone tall backsplash, that is integral to the sink. I was thinking the sink size could be 20" across x18" front to back and x10"deep. The backsplash would stretch across the entire cabinet.

I am thinking about the style on the left of the image below:

{{!gwi}}

This was my original idea:

{{!gwi}}

So,

1) What are your comments on soapstone sinks in general?

2) What do you think of my plans?

Comments (2)