SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

If you can get past the pink...

lavender_lass
10 years ago

I found this picture and I can't believe how much the layout is like our farmhouse kitchen. The little corner counter, the door to the sunporch, the buffet wall, etc. Right now there is a wall between kitchen and dining room, but it's not load bearing. If we took it down...it would look almost exactly like this room.

So, my question is...do you think this is too small? The space would be 12' x 23' and the concern I have is the kitchen work area. The range and fridge would be on the wall (opposite the french door) not shown in the picture. The wall backs against the staircase and can't be moved.

This would mean no prep sink, no wall oven and no good space for the microwave...but I really like the charm and it would be a lot more affordable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance :) {{gwi:1990726}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Comments (43)

• gpraceman55
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

IMO, a kitchen design above all should be functional. So, I'd lose a bit of charm for the better functionality, even if it was a bit more expensive.

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

That's about the most cloying & saccharine picture I've ever seen, but I think I can get past the style. Not sure I can see through the clutter though - it looks cramped to me but I wonder if it would look far less so without all the random stuff strewn about? As it is, there's barely room for a bag of groceries in that kitchen much less space to prep, bake, or cleanup.

• Related Discussions

Plllog, can I run my backsplash ideas past you?

Q

Comments (41)
    I think Dune matches the best in the picture (but pictures aren't the same as real life). The marble looks good, and very rich. Thebes is too dark, and it looks like Porcelain is too blue. I like the brightness of Papyrus, however, and think it's worth continuing to consider. Good drawing. I hadn't realized there was wall over the windows. That area was there in the previous drawings, but I had interpreted it as ceiling. Question: Is the bottom of the cabinet on a line with the bottom of the hood? Usually it's a lot lower. Looking at your nice drawing, I'm thinking it would look better either to tile the whole wall, or to stop the tile at the bottom of the hood. This can be done, but it's outside of my experience, so you'll have to ask someone else the best way to trim it so that it has a nice finish, and how to set the hood so that it's in the right place vis-a-vis the thickness of the tiling. Doing that with the wall color on the sides of the hood flare will give you a better horizontal illusion.
    ...See More

Seeking layout help if you can get past the confusing pictures

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi Rose, it's the living room. We thought about opening that wall and switching the living and dining rooms, but it was a bit too complicated dealing with 3 doorways that would be affected. (The house was built as a funeral home and there are doorways everywhere downstairs. In the dining room there are 7!) Yes, on the space to the sink side. The new space is 6 feet plus what we gain from building over or around the stack and chase. The hoosier plus lower drawers would leave us with a couple of feet or so for a rack for leashes, jackets. There would be 40 to 42" inches of uppers beginning around the dishwasher for glassware and stuff to hide. Except for the one to the right and then over the fridge, we're thinking we'd go with open shelves otherwise. With so many doors (4 exterior) we've been trying to reroute everyday traffic to one of the other doors.
    ...See More

Blast from the past - 2000 'Get to know each other' thread

Q

Comments (3)
    Wow....what an amazing list of people.... too many of them no longer with us or active here. It is nice to remember some of their names and their struggles that we shared. Thanks for the memories.
    ...See More

IE 11 keeps asking to choose home page - can't get past this

Q

Comments (2)
    It looks like a couple of our more knowledgeable members have tried to help with your problem, Connie...but in fairness to all who have tried to help...you need to give us all more information about your system. Like... Did you have a previous IE-11 home page? What was it? It may be the source of your problem by blocking any attempt at changing it. If not...what appears when you open IE-11? Blank? What internet security protection do you use? With what little I see...it would seem that something is blocking the option. Perhaps some App you downloaded. Perhaps your existing security software. The possibilities are many. If this is a possibility...you need to identify the blocking source and unblock the IE-11 homepage option. Having had my share of aggravating MS problems in my younger MS days...I understand your apparent frustration more than you can imagine. Please help us help you by providing more info.
    ...See More
  • lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL! Gordo, what do you really think? Yes, it is very pink, but I'm looking more at the layout.

Gpraceman- It would be very expensive to make this bigger...basically adding on a new room for the kitchen.

I would love to find a retro stove, but not very likely in our area. Why don't they make modern versions (affordable) of vintage stoves? Maybe the microwave could be on a shelf, between fridge and range? I really want a vent/hood, not an OTR microwave. Since I only use it to melt margerine, cheese and chocolate...I don't need a very big one :)

• gabbythecat
    10 years ago

I like it except for the ornate stuff detail on the island. It looks too "gooey" for a farmhouse kitchen and doesn't match the cupboards. And that light fixture - it doesn't fit my image of farmhouse - something with all of that crystal glass would be better off in an urban condo, maybe..... Could you adapt the layout so there is a home for the MW - on a shelf under the cupboard, so it'd be off the counter? The wall oven and prep sink - could probably be fit in some place if they are important enough to you?

• gpraceman55
    10 years ago

@lavender_lass - Are you sure that you cannot fit everything in with your current kitchen footprint?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a plan Summerfield made a long time ago. This gives you an idea of the kitchen in relation to the rest of the house. I could add an oven in the pantry area (former sunporch) but it's a little far. Maybe a range with two ovens? I'd like to find one of those 50s looking ranges with dual ovens...or maybe a vintage one with a raised baking oven.

Oh, sorry for all the green. I'm missing my garden this week, so I'm a bit plant-happy :) {{gwi:1990727}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 20:13

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think this would be more my style, but with bits of lavender/purple added to the green and cranberry :)
    {{gwi:1990728}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Well, do you need a prep sink and a wall oven? That island is too low, but other than that, it looks like a pretty functional kitchen to me, especially since you have a large pantry. How much prep space would you have?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maybe not...there's the sink in the pantry and if I could find a range with two ovens (not stainless). The island is really more of a work table, but it does give a landing spot and helps divide the kitchen from eating area. Not really enough room for stools, but I think I like that...people will sit at the table and window seat :)

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Lavender,

You can get new vintage looking stoves from Heartland. Their prices are mid range I think. A vintage stove would look wonderful. I don't know anything about how reliable they are, but I think they are made by Kitchenaid and re-branded as Heartland.

Carol

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

There is a lot of stuff taking up space, like vases on the island and such, but I I think without all the pink and extra detailing on the cabinetry, this is very charming. I really like the unfitted look of the hutch.

I definitely don't see an over the range microwave in this kitchen - but I can imagine a pretty, curved range hood (not sure if curved the right term for the hoods that start narrow at the top and then curve down on the sides, but I love these feminine style hoods). If you could find a vintage looking double-oven range and a signature style hood, I think that could really add to the charm of this style kitchen.

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

Is it possible to turn the island so that the length of it faces the stove? It looks like the table could possibly cozy up to the windowseat if you need more floorspace for the island.

Could you put a little cart or cupboard for the MW just below where the fridge is on the Summersfield drawing?

How often do you have more than 1 cook in your kitchen. Prep sinks are great, but if you are usually flying solo, maybe not so necessary, especially in a compact footprint?

• springroz
    10 years ago

Can you move the range to the short side? If it is possible, it becomes my layout, which gives you a nice long baking counter between the refrigerator and the corner. it is working wonderfully for me.

And I would gladly take everything out of that pink kitchen, except the chairs, and maybe the "island", but bring the rest on over!!

Nancy

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy- I don't think the range would fit, but the baking area sounds nice! I'm wondering if I can make a smaller one in that corner...maybe with a flour drawer in the base cabinet. Glad you like the kitchen! :)

Laughable- One of the things I like about small island/work tables are that you can move them. That makes everything so much more flexible! Turn the island if prepping a lot at the range or turn it back, when you need to extend the dining table. I'm hoping to fit the MW between fridge and range, on upper shelf. I'm tall and that might be a good spot.

Juddgirl- Oh, I like your ideas for the hood! Definitely would look good in a cottage/farmhouse type of kitchen.

Carol- It would be nice to see one of those in person! They do look neat online.

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

How about putting your baking supplies in drawers under the island? It could still be on casters. Our current island holds our main baking supplies and it works great as a baking station. (It does help that we have a post next to the island that has outlets for running mixers and such.)

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

Could the pantry be smaller? How big of a walk in pantry do you need (in linear wall distance)?

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

lavender - obviously your picture is a little uh....what did Gordo say, cloying & saccharine?!! But, if you're just looking at the layout, I think it could be functional. Obviously that "chest" that's serving for an island, isn't quite the right size! But, if you put an island that is the right size for the space - & counter height :) - you really could have some good working space. Plus, you can make the island very functional if you have storage inside it & maybe even a sink. My kitchen, that is being demo'd this Friday (finally!), is smaller than yours. Thanks to you & a few other creative GW's here, I'm going to have a pretty good functional kitchen for it's size. As a matter of fact, your last drawing is the layout I went with! I've seen you help so many others on here w/ their layouts that I know you'll end up with a great functional kitchen that is the perfect farmhouse style! I think you should definitely keep this layout in mind & just play with it, like I see you do with so many others. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thanks again for your help!

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

BTW, those Heartland ranges are definitely cool looking, but they are extremely expensive...

• Fori
    10 years ago

It's not too small if you think when you lay it out.

But I can't get past the pink. Or the (lead-filled) paint chips in my salad.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

Put the microwave in your pantry. That's what I'm in the process of doing. Of course it helps that I will have an induction cooktop which has been known to boil water faster than a microwave. I don't have a pantry as nice as yours but I do have a wall of Ikea tall pantry cabinets - 3 of them, one of which will be a broom closet. The microwave is going to go very nicely in one of them.
    And there are very compact microwaves - check Amazon. They have one that is quite small but a plate will fit inside. Some reviews say that it takes a little longer than the bigger microwaves, but most seem to be happy (other than with the price - $150 or so).
    compact microwave HERE on Amazon

Here is a link that might be useful: compact microwave on Amazon

• juliekcmo
    10 years ago

Noooooo.

There doesn't seem to be enough counterspace at all.

Where will you put down a pan of stew and plate up 6 plates?

The work triangle itself doesn't bother me; it's the lack of enough counter space. I think a better island could fix this.

• eam44
    10 years ago

Here you go LL! It's from Craigslist Canton, OH

{{gwi:1990729}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigslist

• deedles
    10 years ago

Yup, I was just gonna say Craigslist for the stove. That's where we found our Chambers.

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

Here's something different. The pantry is walled-off on all sides, so the exterior door is gone. And it's not shown, but I'm thinking the door for the pantry will be on the 45 degree wall. Alternatively I guess you could keep the exterior door, in which case you'd probably want an opening, not a door, on the 450 degree wall.

I'm thinking leave the wall between the sink counter and family room, not wide open there.

One nice feature of this dining table location is that it could be extended into the family room for larger goups.

And the coffee table in front of the banquett could be just like the style inspiration pic above.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laughable- The island could definitely use some storage! It would be fun to have marble or butcher block for the counter top :)

Bicyclegirl- Thank you! All GW plans are always a composite of lots of different people's input, but I'm so glad you ended up with a plan that you like!

Fori- LOL! You don't like chips with your salad???

Elphaba- That's a good idea...thanks for the link!

Julie- I think there will be a little more counter space than it seems, but I need to do some more accurate measuring...and you're right that a better island would definitely help.

EAM- Nice! Thanks for the picture...it's just a little too far to drive (LOL) but I did check our local Craigslist. No such luck...

Deedles- I wish we had more vintage stoves, etc. I think our area doesn't have that much available, but I will keep checking!

Gordo- Thank you for the responses! The 'pantry' is the current sun porch, so I just used the space available. I think it could be improved. Those ranges are nice, but that "E" word (expensive) is always a problem! LOL Thanks so much for the sketch...very interesting ideas. The back living space is actually the new sunroom/porch, so I was hoping to keep it separate. The view is nice in that direction and I can just imagine sitting out there, sipping cocoa and watching the snow fall :)

Here's a few changes to the pantry. The washer/dryer are on the wall to the kitchen (better access to water) and I could put a wall oven on the other side. Maybe freezer by the sunporch? Still playing around with this, but time to feed the horses....they're staring at me through the window!!! LOL {{gwi:1990730}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 16:19

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If I'm counting correctly, I think I have about 16' of linear counter space...plus the work table/island. I think that could be 42" x 24" so maybe a butcher block or marble with cutting board?

This plan is really growing on me. With the hutch so close to the kitchen, I can store a lot there, too. And a lot of food and small appliances can go in the pantry.

I like the big pantry, since it gives you space for all the things that never seem to fit in smaller homes....laundry, hampers, food pantry, freezer, big sink, kitty bowls and litter box, extra storage, etc.

It's -2 F. and I can't believe it's this cold in early December! Every winter, I think I need more fireplaces! That's why I put the one in the sunroom...and the glass door to the master bedroom can bring some heat in there, too :)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I found this in my folder and just wanted to post it for Christmas. Such a cute little stove and perfect for the sunroom! :)
    {{gwi:1482071}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

lav,
    your plan changes look great, but that's not my expertise in any way! What I would give to have a pantry that size! Actually, any pantry! I like your idea of an island w/ butcher block or marble & storage in it. How great will that look?!
    I want that living room w/ the beautiful & well decorated fireplace! I'm in Central Texas & we could use a fireplace these days - very very rare in our parts of the woods. Our 28 degrees probably sounds like summer to you, but we're not use to these temps! Time for a hot buttered rum, I think! Bundle up & stay warm.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Bicyclegirl :)

28 degrees IS cold, no matter where you live. It's back up to double digits here...so we can turn the water off in the sink, finally. We have to run it day and night when it gets below 20 degrees, or the pipes can freeze!

We have a smaller pantry in our laundry room right now...and I like having everything in one space. It's close to the kitchen but it's like a work room. Anything really messy or that takes up a lot of space...freezing veggies, drying herbs, canning, etc. can go out there. Otherwise, you really do need a ton or counter space in the kitchen.

I like a smaller kitchen (less walking) for everyday. The big kitchens can be so pretty...but I don't think I'd want to walk that far. The 8' between the fridge and cooktop annoys me, right now! LOL So, compact kitchen work area, with lots of nice seating and great storage :)

• rosie
    10 years ago

It's sounding very promising, and that last paragraph is very telling, Lavender. You've always wanted a separate baking center, though. I notice that that stretch of wall in the left pantry/laundry/workroom is on view from the kitchen. Could you build in the sort of luscious dedicated baking center you've imagined there so that when you're in the kitchen and glance that way you see it, charming, inviting, enticing? Your everyday cooking area would be nicely compact, but the whole kitchen, seen as extending through the dooryway (like Julia Child's) would feel quite large. ??

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rosie- Hi! I was hoping you'd see this post...I know you like smaller kitchens, too :)

My mom said the same thing about the baking area! She was thinking the oven on the end of that long run of counter, with glass uppers. Very cute/bakery in a way, but still functional.

Someone on the Decorating forum was saying they want to find a fridge/freezer combination, but with a large freezer and small fridge...it sounded like a great idea! If I can find something like that, it could go on the pantry wall by the sunroom door, with maybe a small counter next to it. Perfect for cold drinks and ice cream! LOL

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I finally realized how to move the plan over, enough to get the master bedroom on the screen.

The only part not showing is the screened porch off the bedroom (for my husband's hot tub...all he's asking for in remodel) and maybe a greenhouse on the front of the garage. That would face southeast and be perfect for starting plants! :) {{gwi:1990731}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Still looking for great inspiration photos for the bakery area, in the pantry. I want something kind of cottage-y, where baking pastries, drying herbs, making jam and canning garden produce can each take place when more space is needed. Anyone have pictures they'd like to share?

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 2:00

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

Well, it's not a baking center in this picture. But, I think the basic design of it could make for an inspiring baking center. See the hutch on the right hand side? I'd love to have cannisters of baking goodies on that bottom shelf. Maybe some fabric curtains inside the glass doors.

[

[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-traditional-kitchen-phvw-vp~2821820)

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107)

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, Laughable...that's nice! That's the kind of thing I'd like to find...kind of an unfitted baking/pantry space. Thanks :)

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

I think I'd be watching the thrift stores and looking at hutches, sideboards, and China cabinets on Craigslist. Seems like they'd be easy enough to paint up and convert into a baking cabinet without a lot of cost. : ) An armoire might work too. An old t.v. cabinet or computer cabinet? It would be more closed off, but boy could it hold a lot.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

On my CL there are lots of these china cabinets/hutches for very little money. Great idea!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The only problem with hutches are that you often don't have enough room above the counter area. I love that shelf in Laughable's picture, but if that shelf was a few inches higher...

Maybe just upper cabinets with brackets and a shelf? I don't think that would be very difficult to put together...basically some upper cabinets (maybe that go over the fridge) with accessories. I'll have to see what I can find :)

• laughablemoments
    10 years ago

Sometimes hutches are made in 2 pieces. So, rather than setting the hutch on the....dresser part, couldn't it be hung on the wall at just the right height for you? Just an idea. : )

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Lavender Lass, the working side of my kitchen is about 12 1/2 x 13 and my new kitchen is so functional. I don't have a prep sink but this is a one cook kitchen so it isn't needed.

Thanksgiving was the first my son saw the new kitchen and he was surprised at how much larger it looks even with the small island plunked down in the middle of it. Preparing our Thanksgiving dinner was so wonderful this year. Everything is a matter of a few steps away. I love my small kitchen and wish I had renovated years ago.

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Overly sweet . . . diabetes setting in . . . No, seriously, I like soft, romantic, cottage or vintage, especially in fabrics . . . but I don't like over-done to the point that the decore becomes distracting to the function. I think you'd constantly be moving things to make space.

Having said that, let me try to comment on the layout:

- Lose the soffit and take the cabinets to the ceiling. Add an additional shelf (or two) inside the cabinet. This will increase your storage.

- Is that an upper Lazy Susan in the corner? I'm not a huge fan (and they're expensive), but in such a small space, I think that's what you'd want. It'd allow you access to the back reaches of a deep cabinet, and in such a small space you can't afford a dead cabinet.

- Love the French door to the pantry and the shelf above it. I do wonder, however, what is stored in those pink canisters and just who can reach them.

- Hate the little island. It doesn't have as much storage as a real island, and I'd hate sweeping under that thing.

- I'm with the above posters who say that just making the island into a more storage-oriented, work-oriented space will improve the function of the whole thing. Of course, a larger island will also serve to "cover up" your view of the vintage-cottage-themed cabinets and sink.

- These ornate cabinets would fill their little grooves and crannies with grease, and they'd be a royal pain to wipe down. How would it be to go with ONE fancy, carved, focal-point cabinet in the kitchen and let the others be more moderate in design? Or, how about going with the fancy-fancy island (though improving its size) and having a fancy-fancy soffit of some sort over the sink . . . those things serving as focal points in the small kitchen, and let the rest of the cabinets be simple in design? I don't think people would necessarily notice that the whole shebang isn't over-the-top. So often, whatever the island "is", people "read" the whole kitchen to be; meaning, if the island is blue, people tend not to say "blue kitchen", not noticing that the cabinets behind are white.

- Love the big windows. I definitely react positively to light, and I don't think I'm alone.

- The china cabinet in the forefront of the picture "meets" the cabinet base. If this upper cabinet were "raised" to a typical cabinet height, you could move the large flower arrangement and the plate of apples (and the large free-standing painting and a few dozen other things) over to that "sideboard" type spot . . . and that would allow more functional space in the kitchen.

- I personally would be fine with the microwave in the pantry. It's not something I use on a daily basis, and I only use it to warm things, never to cook. The real question is, Does this suit your lifestyle?

- Still on the subject of the pantry . . . you want a baking area. What do you see yourself doing in this baking area? I'm planning all my baking STORAGE in the pantry, but what I anticipate is that I'll keep all my flours, spices, chocolate chips, etc. in the pantry, and I'll go in there to gather my things (I'll store measuring cups and pinch bowls in the pantry), then I'll come out with just what I need on a tray . . . and I'll do my mixing and kneading on the island. I think this is an ideal situation for me . . . but don't say, "Oh, yes, this'll allow me to get by without what I was planning" -- does it fit your idea of a good way to bake?

- Did you mention a prep sink? In such a small space, I don't see why you'd want one. You'll never be more than a few steps away from the main sink.

- Similarly, I think wall ovens are vastly overrated ( and overpriced). You can get a standard sized range with a stovetop, a small shorty-oven, and a larger lower oven . . . and it'll fit in a small kitchen.

• rosie
    10 years ago

LOL. Lavender's kitchen will be pretty, we know that. Personally, I think pretty is vastly underrated in these days of squared off, unisex, corporate, generic, hotel room approach to home decor. (What am I talking about? How many typical living room pieces these days could fit perfectly well in an office waiting room?)

Sorry I forgot to come back, Lavender. On top of other stuff, DH and I have been trying to do a little bath refurbishing. We've definitely lost our touch. A three-day job turned into a disorganized joke of a week that has us both shaking our heads at ourselves. The lights are back up and the sink unburied finally, though, so I'm feeling good. The breeze off the bayou here in Florida is damp, though, so my shivering in the upper 60s makes me sympathize with you. :) I wish you guys were already snug in your sun room watching the snow come down.

I haven't found anything yet for an unfitted baking center that really grabbed me. You'd have that charming hutch in the main kitchen, so the baking center should be different, such as a fairly open area to work at... Have you considered making that counter extra deep?

Trying to imagine what would work for me in a baking center in a separate area, I realized that I really like the idea of a large kitchen that was really two closely connected compact working areas but that it would be important for me for both to be kitchen to me so I never felt I left it but just moved to another part.

Lacking inspiration pictures with your style, I'll just toss in one of Julia's. Most people have no idea these parts existed, but they were very much part of her busy kitchen too.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laughable- That is an excellent idea!

Holly-Kay...thank you for the reassurance that this size will work so well! Do you have any pictures of your kitchen island on Thanksgiving?

MrsPete- Always nice to see you! I think the prep sink is out, but I do have a great vintage sink for the pantry. You're right, lots of baking stuff in the pantry, but I'd like to use that little corner (by main sink) for small baking area. The pink picture is not my style, just the layout of the room itself...if we took down the dividing wall. My style would be something like this...with more wood accents and far LESS stuff on those shelves. Okay, it's probably just the lavender flowers (LOL) {{gwi:1990733}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Rosie- I do like pretty! I'm a huge Once Upon A Time fan and it's so nice to see 'pretty' coming back into style. However, pretty doesn't have to be over the top...it can be kind of rustic, too. Think Snow White's cottage rather than Cinderella's castle! Personally, I think Beagles' kitchen is very Cinderella's castle...beautiful, but too fancy for my little farmhouse.

I'm actually thinking about making the kitchen a little more rustic and the baking area a little more girlie! The living room has a huge brick fireplace (raised hearth) and I want the dining/kitchen area to work with that...but still be pretty :)

Thanks for the photo! I'm glad you and your DH are getting the bathroom finished. Sounds like a fun project...while the weather is a little 'colder' outside (LOL) my dad used to live in Florida, so I know it is nice to have that cool spell, to get work done inside. Great time to paint, since you can open all the windows!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've played around with this idea before, but I think this might be a better fit. I found this picture in Romantic Country magazine...very pretty :)
    {{gwi:1516576}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And adjustment to plan... {{gwi:1990734}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 15:10