SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
modern_mom35

Finished Kitchen - torquay, espresso cabs

modern_mom35
11 years ago

We started demo just before Memorial Day weekend and finished up just after Labor Day weekend. Considering the overall scope of the project (removal of load bearing wall, pushing up basement header to straighten out the sub-floors, disputes about MUA, etc..), things went relatively smooth.

I was not a frequent poster, but I was a regular lurker and received a tremendous amount of help and inspiration from the folks on GW. ICFGreen, in particular, was a huge inspiration for me in the "style" department. Their kitchen reveal gave me the "a-ha" moment which turned my vision of light cabs/busy granite to dark cabs/simple white quartz. I never looked back and am SO HAPPY with how it all turned out.

Others on GW steered me toward lots of drawers and the Silgranit sinks (love!!) and gave me confidence to bargain shop for appliances. We paid well below MSRP for everything, with the exception of the beverage fridge. It took a lot of leg-work and breath holding (especially buying a rangetop off Ebay from a guy many states away�), but it all turned out great. I got my dream appliances � even the now discontinued open-burner Wolf rangetop � and after several months of use I can say that everything works!!

Here are the details:
Floors � Site finished white oak, random width planks; Bona Traffic finish in natural

Cabinets � local custom, poplar with espresso stain and crystal finish

Hardware � solid stainless steel bar pulls, Overstock.com

Countertops � Cambria Torquay, 3cm edge, profile Z

Fridge � 48" Liebherr biofresh - LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I would highly recommend this fridge.

Ovens, Rangetop � Wolf e-series ovens; 48" Wolf Rangetop from Ebay

Hood � 54" Vent-A-Hood with 900 CFM blower off Craigslist

heated make-up air unit in basement, don't remember much about details but it's there and seems to work :)

Beverage Fridge � Electrolux

Microwave Drawer � Dacor

Warming Drawer � Siemens

Dishwasher � Asko
Sinks � Blanco Silgranit in Truffle, main sink is Precis Super Single, prep sink is Precis Large

Faucets � Delta Trinsic

Backsplash tile � Solistone Mardi Gras in Metairie

Stools � Overstock.com

Paint � Sherwin Williams Gray Clouds

BEFORE:

we knocked out the fridge wall shown here. was load-bearing. they installed a steel beam in the ceiling so no support pole in the middle of my kitchen.

steel beam:

AFTER:

please excuse the mess and child locks..

my favorite part - floor to ceiling bookshelves...cabinet guy thought I was nuts, but I filled it :)

2nd favorite part (the Rangetop, not the "complimentary" cheeseboard/trivet from the nice folks at Cambria):

here's where we hid the microwave drawer (and a little dose of cute..):

Torquay close-up (and kitchen action shot, early stages of Lefse making):

beverage station - love roll-out for coffee/toaster:

better view of other side of island (taken much earlier):

thanks for looking!!

Comments (62)