SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nuccia_gw

Slightly OT: My FP design in Fine HomeBuilding Magazine!!

nuccia
15 years ago

My fireplace is featured in an article on fireplace design in the Dec08/Jan09 called "Kindling Creativity" on pages 84-85. It's the large photo in the middle of page 85.

I'm posting this here rather than the Home Building forum because this is where I hang out and people know me. I wasn't going to say anything until I saw it with my own eyes. I am particularly excited about this because it is formal validation of skills I've been teaching myself for the past 8 years. I'm a geek who has always loved beautiful things but felt I lacked the "artistic talent" to actually design anything. An artist friend challenged me, and I started first by learning all about color. Then basic design. Then architecture. I never thought I would actually be applying these skills to a new home though. I designed the kitchen, fireplace, and many other things.

Someone whom I recently met fell in love with my house and especially my kitchen. She was an editor at Fine Home Building magazine but recently left to be a SAHM. She called her old boss about my house. He asked for pictures, which I sent. Long story short: they weren't going to do an article on my house but would retain some pictures for possible inclusion in the future.

Here's the picture they used:

Comments (29)