SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llhilly

White glazed cabs with stained wood window trim

pudgybaby
14 years ago

Would it look weird to have white cabinets with an orangey-brown glaze (think chestnut or caramel) in a kitchen with stained wood trim around the windows. Our kitchen is open to the eating area and family room, and there is a lot of wood, in orange-brown tones.

I am having so much trouble visualizing this. I like white cabinets, but I always envision an ebony glaze and dark granite (black or near-black), stainless appliances, stainless or pewter knobs and pulls, and white trim.

I definitely do not think my black/grey vision would work in my house. And it's not that I love this combo - I am fine with stained cabinets and that is what I have been pricing and planning for with this remodel. But we have SO much wood, so I'm wondering if white might be better.

My kitchen is small (11x11.5 and no island) so I am not sure about mixing wood and painted cabs - too busy I think.

Does anyone have pics of white/caramel cabs and wood stained window trim? I looked through some of the finished kitchens, but can't find what I am looking for.

The photobucket link has pics of our current kitchen (it's a beauty!) and views to the family room with all the wood.

Thanks for your help!

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of kitchen, family room

Comments (6)