SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vermonter_2009

ARgh! Are there ANY full-depth refrigerators that look built in?

vermonter_2009
14 years ago

I've spent many hours on this forum refining our kitchen plans but I've been unable to solve this issue. We are framing the wall behind our refrigerator so that we can get a large, full-depth frigerator and recess it into the wall (there are 5 of us). We don't mind if it sticks out a few inches from beyond the counters, but we did hope to make it look as integrated as we could. Our cabinet maker is waiting for our dimensions.

As long as the unit vents out the front, I thought it would just be a matter of finding a fridge with a door hinge that would allow it to open while sitting flush with the cabinetry surrounding it.

The problem is, I can't find a reasonably priced unit that is both full-depth and able to integrate into the cabinetry.

We don't want to spend more than $2,000k on a fridge (the less the better). We don't want to pay up for panels either ($1500).

Can anyone point me towards a full-depth, ~24-26 cubic foot, ~36" wide bottom freezer that we can integrate? We prefer a single door, but in a 36" width, most seem to be french door.

Here's what our fridge wall is supposed to look like:

Thanks GWers!

Vermonter

Comments (13)