SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elitex

fridge placement flush in wall? help needed. photo included

elitex
12 years ago

So Im new here but have a feeling ill be posting a lot :) Just about to get my kitchen remodel going in a few weeks here and need some help.

First thing I need to get in order is the fridge. As you can see in the photo below, I have a wall oven. I have a separate cooktop but will be going to a slide in range to combine the 2 because I am knocking down a wall on the other side of the kitchen to pass through to my tv room.

Anyway I will be removing the brick, its a 36" opening. My though is to put a french door fridge there but as you can see there is a little wall to the left so im afraid the left door will hit. on the front of that wall you can see a closet door, that's a pantry. So my thought is to A - make the opening 40" (bigger then fridge) and move it over and drywall the left side losing a little depth inside the pantry which im OK with. B have the fridge all the way to the right and add a pantry to the left which I really dont want to do. I guess, does anyone know how to finish the walls on either side to get a fridge flush? I am trying to avoid any of the side of the fridge from showing. I notice at the hinged edge when you open these doors you need more clearance, so i doubt 36" is enough. Any ideas? Ultimately Id love to stand back facing the pantry door and not see any part of the fridge (not even the sides of the door if thats possible) but I notice so many kitchens, even counter depth, the doors are exposed and I keep thinking thats due to the space needed to open doors. Thanks for the help in advance, great forum!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus