SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie819

3 different countertop surfaces?

Annie819
10 years ago

Hi all,
I am having a major countertop dilemma. We are renovating and adding on to an 82 yr old home with some kitchen design difficulties. We are planning on white shaker style cabinets with a reclaimed wood island and ceiling beams. My island is 10.5 ft x 3.5 ft and they could not do my danby marble ( looks like carrarra) top without a seam so I opted to create a 2.5 ft butcher block area at one end of the island and then have an 8 ft stretch of danby.
My backsplash will be 3 x 6 subway tile with grey grout and There will be medium/dark stain hickory floors. I am debating my perimeter countertops and need to decide between the following options:

1. Raven caesarstone (dark grey without much mvmt). I'm wondering if this option will break up some of the white and allow the marble island to shine a little more. Just afraid it may look choppy.

2. Choosing a danby marble slab without much mvmt for the perimeter countertops.

3. Doing all danby on the island with the seam at the end and having a giant butcher piece cut to lay on top of the countertop for a prep area ( and more importantly to cover the seam) with raven (dark gray) perimeter countertops.

Next question : If I use butcher as a countertop material in options 1 or 2 should I keep it flush with the rest of the island or allow it to sit a little higher?

Please help!!!!!

Here's an inspiration pic (looking at countertops only)

Comments (14)