SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Felix Dies Natalis Solis Invicti!!

plllog
14 years ago

The sun is coming! The sun is coming!!!!

A happy solstice to all who celebrate Yule and the like.

And for the rest of us, I'm just happy that the sun is coming back. The light is so dreary, not to mention scarce, between a few weeks past the Autumnal Equinox until a few weeks past the Winter Solstice.

The only thing my kitchen does have so far is lights. But daylight is so much better!!! My main window faces East, and the morning sun just floods in. It bounces up off the floor and is so cheery and lovely. And my new Southern garden window brings in light from above as well as the sides. But all of this works so much better when the days are longer and the quality of light is happier!!! Here comes the sun, and it's all right.

(Okay, it's corny, but I'm so jazzed to think the pit of despair is on the way out...)

Comments (10)

• julie94062
    14 years ago

Oh, Plllog, I so agree! The light is so different this time of year...and so dreary...yes, that's the word. I'm excited to see how my kitchen will look with the *real* light.

We need a "here comes the sun" party :-) Happy, happy solstice!

• arleneb
    14 years ago

Oh, yes!! We've had seemingly endless grey days and it's so nice to see the sun! When I used grey as my basic neutral, I worried that Tennessee's grey winter days would just be too overwhelming with grey both outside and inside, but I have a lot of bright art work against the interior grey so it isn't depressing. But I sure get tired of grey days.

In northern Indiana, in our lakeside house, I was used to light bouncing off either water, ice, or snow! Not saying I miss the snow, but it does brighten things up!

• jenswrens
    14 years ago

Yea!!

• castironcook2
    14 years ago

What I like best of all about our kitchen is the skylight that even on dreary days invests the room with light. Solis invicti, indeed! Be of good cheer; the light returneth.

• growlery
    14 years ago

My friend and I were just talking about how much we love the solstice!

Makes the rest of the winter endurable, for us at least, knowing the days are getting longer.

• prill
    14 years ago

I totally agree - we've turned the corner... Happy Holidays to all.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Sol Sistere Celebratio

{{!gwi}}

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

Count me in! My most favorite date is June 21st. Wish it wasn't all down hill from there.

• plllog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trust Boxerpups to have an image for it! Way cool fractal!

• beth
    14 years ago

Yes. As my grandmother used to say, each day will be longer by one wag of a dog's tail.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH