SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Got drawings from my kitchen designer and would love your feedbac

tamarahl
11 years ago

Hello all,

I am remodeling my kitchen, and converting the back of one of my garages into a mudroom, and just got my drawings from my kitchen designer! I am so excited, as we have been collaborting for weeks and she has done a great job of listening to my ideas that I borrowed from so many of you, but would stil like to know if you see ways to improve the layout.

It will be a modified U-shape because there is a doorway between the end of the cooktop wall and the oven wall.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a look at the overall footprint of the space, sorry it is so small. When I tried to zoom in it crashed my computer.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a look at the sink wall, you can see a 42 inch fridge and to the right, the sink. The large opening above the sink allows you to see into the sunroom beyond. There is an upper countertop there for people to sit and not be in the way of the main cooking area.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the dimensions of that same wall

{{!gwi}}

As you turn the corner of the L there is the cooktop wall, here are the dimensions of everything, the 34.5 inch cabinet you see on the right is the tiny butler's pantry that is right off the kitchen

{{!gwi}}

This is the oven wall, which has an 18 inch pull out pantry, double wall ovens, wet bar with fridge drawers, a wine column and 36 inch pantry with shelves.

{{!gwi}}

To the right of the 36 inch pantry is this desk area

{{!gwi}}

And finally, off to the side of the kitchen is this mudroom with cubbies, closets, a glass window backsplash with glass cabinets above and baskets below. There is closed storage in the left and right corners below the countertop. There will be a bulletin board for posting artwork, calendars, etc. next to one of the cubbies, where the pocket door between the kitchen and mudroom slides open, here's a sketch of the area.

{{!gwi}}

I hope this makes sense, but of course, am happy to explain further should you be confused by the above drawings and descriptions. Thank you for taking the time to read all of the above. I hope some of you wise TKO folks will chime in with your wisdom. Gratefully, Tamara

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County