SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjay_gw

Help! Toe kick and Integrated Bosch d/w

sjay
16 years ago

I splurged with my inset cabinets and bought an integrated Bosch d/w. After the custom panel was installed the door didn't open properly. It won't lay flat so the bottom rack actually rolls back into the dishwasher a bit when you pull it out. Also it appears the bottom of the panel is hitting the metal screws in the d/w toe kick and damaging the panel.

A service tech came out today and told me my custom panel is too long. It needs to be shortened.

The problem is right now the bottom of the panel is in line with the bottom of my cabinets. If we shorten the panel the integrated dishwasher will be approximately 1/2" higher at the bottom than the rest of my cabinetry.

My cabinetmaker is telling me that my cabinets have a standard toe kick height at 3.5".

It looks like the Bosch needs a 4" toe kick or the custom panel hits the toe kick.

How in the world did this happen and is there any way to fix this? I am just sick that I wasted so much money on this d/w that not only isn't going to look integrated, it is going to look stupid.

Comments (21)