SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blubird_gw

New backsplash closeup - now outlet color dilemma

blubird
13 years ago

On another posting, close-up photos of my new backsplash were requested. I just completed it the other day and finally, after washing it down, sealing it several times and caulking the bottom joint - it's done!

From a distance:

Closeup:

Now the problem is what color to use for the outlets and switches. I checked the backsplash gallery and most people seem not to use color coordinating outlets/switches. I seem to have quite a few outlets and switches and don't think they should be the feature of the backsplash - my husband sort of doesn't care either way. The outlets/switches on my backsplash were an Ivory or Almond color, but they now seem too yellow-ish against the light travertine subways. We bought some Light Ivory pieces, but they seem too light.

Here's a pic of both the Ivory (or may be Almond) on the left, Light Ivory on the right:

One company, Lutron, makes the parts and pieces in satin colors, and one color, Desert Stone, appears to be a very close match to some of the subways. I've checked the samples against the tiles under different lighting conditions and times of day and each time it appears to be a good match. However, the Lutron parts and pieces are considerably more money - but still do-able - than the garden variety available in your local stores.

Here's the Desert Stone compared to the Ivory (or Almond):

Here's the Desert Stone compared to the Light Almond:

My husband says the Light Almond looks fine, but then again, until we brought home the Lt. Almond he said the Ivory looked fine! I haven't obsessed over anything else in the kitchen reno which went like clockwork - but the color of the outlets is getting to me.

Any and all ideas will be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Helene

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!