SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koko2007

Cracks in Granite Countertop

koko2007
16 years ago

I know similar messages have been posted but I haven't seen my problem exactly. We had granite countertops installed less than 1 month ago. Along the sink wall, they used 1 slab, approximately 108". The sink is a ss undermount. There is a crack from the left fron corner of the sink which goes all the way through the granite from the sink edge to the countertop edge. The installer has been out to try & inject epoxy & seal & polish. The counter edge is a little better but the top and sink edge are not. The crack also "continues" of the back left side of the sink, but it's not as deep there. (It's like there was a fissure in the slab & it became a crack when stressed during installation???)

The installer wants to come back & spend more time trying to fix it. He mentioned the alternaive would be to remove 1/2 the slab & install a new piece from a slab from the same lot. The seam would be at the middle of the sink & faucet I guess. The granite is amber santa cecelia. Does anyone know what is the best course of action? I am delaying installing a tile backsplash until this gets resolved.

Comments (4)