SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
different_drummer

Please help - What would YOU do in this space?

different_drummer
13 years ago

Hi everyone-

I'm feeling more and more overwhelmed by this process, and I'm so afraid we'll do something ridiculous to the kitchen that seems like a great idea at the time. I'd love it if anyone has a creative idea or two to whip this kitchen into shape.

Below is our current kitchen, with an eating area on the right front side. We can't expand the kitchen into that space because the windows start 2' from the floor in there. So we thought we'd push into the dining room, leaving 5 feet of the length of the dining room as a walk-in-pantry (2nd image). But that's a long-a__ space. I'd like a pantry, but I'm not sure we need to dedicate that much sq. footage to it. Still, I don't know how to best utilize the added space otherwise, pantry or not. We can push fully into the dining room (making sure to leave a passage into the front room), but again, I'm not sure if that gains us anything but a looonger kitchen.

One good thing - we've haven't finished the basement, so things like sink, cooktop, fridge can be relatively easily moved.

So if you've got an idea for a smarter/better plan, big or small suggestion, please let me know. I'd love to hear it!

Current layout:

Proposed floor plan w/out cabs.:

Possible cab. layout (similar to original plan but longer, plus peninsula.) Dining space would be a banquette, with table parallel to the peninsula:

And the layout of current full first floor (sorry, photobucket is -not- letting me rotate/change this image so that it meshes with the other images.:

Thanks for your input!

Here is a link that might be useful: More and larger images

Comments (10)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals