SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ancientoaks_gw

1957 ranch ORIGINAL kitchen w/Chambers range..flooring ideas?

ancientoaks
13 years ago

SO excited...just bought a mint condition brick ranch in Tn..everything is as built, and house plans were in the cabinets!. Knotty pine, very nicely built cabinets, copper hinges and pulls. Tiny print wall paper beige/touch of rose. Sparing use of brick accents on end walls and behind stove well. Original, mint beigy/cream formica countertops without chrome edging (??) floor is within 30 years or so, awful gold sheet vinyl..I want the VCY solid tile, and thought a off white field with brick colored squares for a checkboard pattern?

The kitchen opens into a lovely small well light dining room, separate but part of the living room. It's white white white now (ugh) and there is perfect light oak hardwood under brand new champagne carpet (hate to tear it out, but I want my wood!).would love a kick of color that is both eye catching yet subtle...SO how can I 'tie in' the dining to the more rustic kitchen without be klatchy?? Kitchen ALSO opens to a fabulous 10" wide knotty heart pine paneled den...so what do I do with THAT floor? rest of the house is fabulous oak hardwood. but den has awful grey w/white streak solid vinyl tile glued to the floor with amazing stuff...would a wood floor be too busy with the knotty pine walls? am afraid to carry the checkerboard into the den..

Am getting a mid 50's Chambers range, I'm SO anxious!. It's white, so not very 'flashy'..but such a wonderful looking piece..I want to maintain the flavor of the house, and really don't want to change anything that was there originally..just add my 'touch'..I have photos but don't know how to post??? any ideas would be fabulous..

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!