SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Can you help me perfect my layout please?

remodelfla
15 years ago

I need help with some aspects of my layout. It took infinite tries to get to this and I'm happy with it's proposed functionality. It looks like DH is in for removing pantry walls, re-routing some venting, and whatnot. Here are my problems/uncertainties:

1. Far west end of the kitchen. DH really wants to put the door into what will be the laundry room where there is currently a window. I had planned on him moving the opening over to match up to a 24" depth cab. It'll be alot more work since the walls are solid concrete block. The wall space meeting up to the door opening would then be roughly 39". I still plan on a 24" wide pantry but not sure how to handle the 39" on the other side.

2. Should I make the baking counter and sink run 30" deep?

3. I'm unsure how to configure the size cabs from the sink on. I want a really large single bowl sink. So minimum would be 30" cab... 36" would be glorious. But then, do I do a 12" and 30" or 18" and 24" to the right? What would make sense to keep in a 12" cab? I want my bases to be all drawers if possible. If I get a 36" sink base... I'd just keep my trash under there like the good ol' days.

4. Cooking side: has to be standard depth to meet up with the opening. Will one run being 30" deep and one 24" deep be OK?

5. I"m thinking the 15" and 18" next to the induction top can be used for all my utensils. One drawer for serving/eating and one for my cooking utensils. Pots and pans under the induction in drawers. Dishes and glasses in the two 24's plus any overflow cooking stuff?

Please help with some ideas... your input helps me to think.

Comments (44)