SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agk2003

Caesarstone Calacatta

agk2003
10 years ago

Has anyone seen a sample of the caesarstone calacatta classic? The AU site says it's coming out in early 2014. Was wondering about this since i've pretty much come to terms that I am a super messy cook and can't do any natural marbles.

Comments (73)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

In December we paid $1900 for TWO slabs of Ceasarstone organic white, but fabrication was waaaay more than $500.

• K
    9 years ago

Ok, so I just asked for a price on the Frosty Carrina slab for comparison & they told me $1,210 + tax.

• Related Discussions

Has anybody had Caesarstone calacatta nuvo countertop installed?

Q

Comments (59)
    What are good wall colors for this combination? I'm installing a Calacatta Novo countertop with white high-gloss IKEA upper cabinets and Voxtorp walnut look base cabinets. Using simple 3x6 white subway tiles for backsplash with gray grout and Rawtech white tiled floor (looks like light concrete). I'm thinking of introducing some greige to shake things up instead of a more typical white like Simply White or Cloud Nine (which looks great in the pictures above!) - Worn Leather Shoe, Upper West Side, or Quicksand looked interesting in the Benjamin Moore online program. Any tips?
    ...See More

Hanstone Tranquility vs. Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo

Q

Comments (9)
    Bump...Does anyone have a picture of Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo installed in their kitchen? When I google for pictures or even look at Caesarstone's website, the veining seems to vary significantly - from slight to large and dramatic. I haven't seen a slab in person yet.
    ...See More

White or gray quartz to complement Calacatta Nuvo?

Q

Comments (11)
    "More subtle" will need to be a perfectly PLAIN white or soft gray quartz. Take a sample of the Nuvo and head to a shop with all the samples. Take the backsplash sample with you. In any other circumstance I would say simply repeat the Nuvo on perimeter, but your perimeter turn dimension at 5" 9" will not allow a seam at center sink. The best place for a seam with this material, and strong vein.. Go shopping with samples in hand. Your selection process is already out of order, cabinetry color/stain first, counter tops, and backsplash, last. Pantry is quite a distance from the rest and hope you consider counter depth fridge. We aren't seeing the entire plan.........
    ...See More

Help Choosing Quartz Countertops!!!!

Q

Comments (16)
    leeklee- look at the top on her original post. she posted everything she used. HI everyone! We are in the midst of a major remodel and I've reached the point of pure panic about choosing the right quartz countertops for our kitchen. Here are the selections we've made so far: Perimeter cabinets: Revere Pewter lightened to 75% and black hardware 7.5' x 5' Island: Stained white oak with brushed brass hardware Backsplash: matte white subway tile (3x10) Island pendant: dark ORB with three glass globes in this pic she said she used agreeable gray, (her old house
    ...See More
  • lisa_a
    9 years ago

We decided against the Calacatta so I didn't pursue getting a quote, sorry, nadianyc. Best of luck in your counter top search!

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Any latest pics or pricing on the new Caesarstone Calacatta? I haven't been able to see it yet as the nearest stone fabricator in NYC doesn't have it in stock. Anyone in the tri-state know where I can see a sample?

• renragnire
    9 years ago

Today in Toronto, Canada I received a quote for about 56 sq. ft. of caesarstone incl supply and install, sink cutout, drill holes and they mount the sink. Quite the premium for Calcatta

Material: Caesarstone #5131 Calcatta Nuvo , Quartz 2cm thk.
    Edge: Double square edge
    Backsplash: No
    Cost: $6,860 + HST

Material: Caesarstone #5000, London Grey, Quartz 2cm thk.
    Edge: Double square edge
    Backsplash: No
    Cost: $4,900 + HST

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

So the Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo that I love in the pictures is almost $2,000 more than their Caesarstone London Grey! How sad that they are pricing their new counters so high.

If anyone does get this counter, I would like to see a picture in their kitchen with one of the picutres a close-up.

• duffydawg
    9 years ago

Lynn: What do you expect Caesarstone to do? The market will clearly bare this price. Marble is also very expensive - if not more so! The Ceasarstone is much better in wear and tear with no etching! Also for fabricators it is way less likely to crack.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Thank you duffydawg for reminding me that the product just came out and people are willing to pay for it so they will keep the price up there. I do like how it will have no etching and be better in wear. I do need to see it in person. Very pretty sample.

• CourtneeV3
    9 years ago

I saw a slab of this at OHM in Columbus Ohio. Its beautiful! Everything I was/am looking for. However-- the price with fabrication is $130 a square foot and it's only available in 1cm So you have to pay additional for thicker edges. For my island alone it would have been over $7,000!!! My island is 60" wide though and the slab is only 56" wide... Not meant to be for me ð¢

• K
    9 years ago

Another pic

• msrose
    9 years ago

It looks great and you found the perfect backsplash to go with it!

• 3ilovepie
    9 years ago

I am really liking the ceaserstone Calcutta for our kitchen. Let's see if we can budget it in!

Our island is about 9' x 3'6" and then we have an L shaped counter for our rangetop with ovens on the end of the long side and refrigerator freezer on end of short side.... And we are doing white cabinets with island in a walnut (or other dark) stain.

Would we be best using all the same ceaserstone?

• K
    9 years ago

Thanks mrose, I have been agonizing over every little detail & it feels great to have someone validate my choices!

ilovepie: I also have an L shaped counter with my rangetop on the end of the long side with white cabinets. I do love my counters but they've just been installed, so I'm in the honeymoon phase. I do not have an island, just the peninsula (as pictured). With a 9' island, you won't have a single slab with Caesarstone, if that is a concern. What I've learned on this forum is that you can do just about anything, just believe in your vision.

• ainelane
    9 years ago

CrazyCatLadyK - Thanks for sharing your Caesarstone pics! It's always helpful to see a slab actually installed. I can really get a better idea of the scale of the pattern now.
    I'd love to see a daytime photo if you get a chance sometime.

• TwoBelles
    9 years ago

CrazyCatLadyK-beautiful choices together. I absolutely love your backsplash! Totally different than what I'm picking, but just had to chime in!

Enjoy!

• Julia Rupp
    9 years ago

@CrazyCatLady-that is backsplash I'm looking for-I saw it on a house done by Milton Development. They showed it with a dark top (soapstone?) I was thinking soapstone, but now think maybe something lighter on the perimeter would look nicer, but keeping with soapstone on the island. I like this top, and am looking at Silestone LG and trying to find a sample of Cambria Torquay. Where did you find this mosaic, if I can ask?

• Alba Gross
    9 years ago

FYI, IKEA now sells Caeserstone Calacatta Nuvo. Here it BC, Canada we got our kitchen counters & a 6' x 4' counter quoted. Total including tax was $4,250. Hundreds cheaper than anywhere else we checked for Calacatta. I'm pretty sure we'll be ordering ours for installation soon (we have to wait for a window to be installed) but still going bonkers on the backsplash. I found a very cool 15.5" x 2.5" white porcelain Italian tile that has a bit of a wave in the surface & edges - it creates lots of light refraction. May be what we use for our backsplash (and we have espresso cabinets).

• jessicaknyc
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Does anyone know which showroom at the A&D building in New York has the Ceasarstone calacatta nuvo on display? Thank you.

• Alba Gross
    9 years ago

First, you might have better luck finding it with the right name: Calacatta (Italian word) and not Calcutta (town in India). That said, my suggestion is that you find the actual Caeserstone showroom nearest you. There you can see huge slabs on display side by side and get a much better idea of what they look like. Once I saw Calacatta Nuvo in person I didn't like it as much - it has a very dramatic "swoop" pattern - great for an island or a wall - not really going to work on smaller areas because the "swoop" is lost. Also some things that are beautiful in small pieces are too busy when you see them in a large piece (I loved Atlantic Salt in a 1' x 1' chunk - as a slab it overwhelmed.) Last suggestion is that when you have narrowed it to TWO options, you MAY get lucky and the Caeserstone people might let you take significant pieces home to see in your kitchen with your lighting. Once I did that I chose London Gray which worked better with my cabinets & stainless steel in my lighting than the other options.

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Caesarstone makes the Calacatta Nuvo, there's also QuartzMasters very nice Calcutta quartz (it's a softer white with more veining but less dramatic).
    As for the Caesarstone, you can see it at the Thermador showroom in the A&D Building in NYC.

• K
    9 years ago

Julia Rupp, I'm sorry for my late response. My inspiration for my kitchen is the [[Dream White Kitchen][(https://www.houzz.com/photos/the-dream-white-kitchen-potomac-md-transitional-kitchen-dc-metro-phvw-vp~10688890) here on Houzz and the designer mentioned Marble Systems, so I found a local distributor & purchased the [Skyline Modern Polished Mosaic].

The picture on the flyer looks quite different from the actual tiles I received. The veining on the flyer seems to be going vertically & horizontally & there seems to be much more veining. What I received had less veining & it was all going horizontally but was also less white. I was really unsure of it until it was grouted. I used a white grout (don't remember the exact color) & it really made the stone pop... the difference shocked me -- thankfully.

To comment on Alba Gross' mention of the "swoop" pattern, yes the pattern is lost depending on how they cut the slab. In order to maximize the pattern, I did have them cut the slab down the middle to maximize the amount of veining on my counters. Of course that did require me to purchase an additional slab but I would definitely not buy this unless you are going to maximize the amount of veining... that's what you are paying for. And, keep that in mind when they lay out the template & your sink is right in the middle of the best part of the stone!

• yeh_yeh
    9 years ago

I am also in the market for quartz countertop. Saw the CS Calacatta Nuvo and love it. Ikea is having 15% - 20% off until the end of the month but they don't have Calacatta Nuvo in California Ikea yet. I might have to settle with my second choice Pure White. So sad that they don't have my first choice color!!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Why don't you price it elsewhere to see how close you can get?

• yeh_yeh
    9 years ago

sjhockeyfan325: I did, I got 3 different quotes for the Calacatta Nuvo and all three of them are over $8000, and if I get the Pure White from Ikea with the current sale, it will be a little over $3200.

• lecarson
    8 years ago

Alba Gross- I'm hoping to get Calacatta Nuvo too. I wasn't able to find it at the IKEA in Ottawa. Did the IKEA salespeople mention anything about roll out across the country or if it is a limited offer?

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

catladyk do you by chance have any updated pictures of your kitchen? I ordered the Calacatta Nuvo slab this week, and also ordered a sample of the marble systems skyline polished mosaic. The sample I received doesn't have the range of colors/tones as what you have in your picture. I'm curious to see how yours turned out! Thank you,

• K
    8 years ago

I sadly only have a couple of pics before I dumped all my junk onto the counters, but I'll post what I can find tonight/tomorrow. As for the Marble Systems skyline, can you post a pic of your sample. I'll post a pic of my sample which, to me, looked different from what I received. I'll also post a pic of the box with the tile I received. I'm still not convinced it's the same tile, but I'm still happy with the results.

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

I just had calacatta nuvo installed - forgive the half finished kitchen! We still have so much to do!! It is a very soft grey, which I had forgotten about since I saw the sample, but I am now glad because any whiter would have been too much white with my cabinets. Some of the veins are very soft, some have an almost charcoal vein in it. Be cautious, from what I have been reading caesarstone isn't as industructable as many people may think, but I am happy with it because my alternative would have been a white natural stone which most likely would have been more delicate. I have messy little kids and a hubby who never seems to notice spills!! So far we have survived a red wine ring left overnight, wiped off with a damp cloth! So much left to do to finish the kitchen- waiting for a couple cabinet doors,

lighting, plumbing, finish venting, ceiling.. And deciding on the backsplash! But I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

The prep sink counter isn't two toned, the pantry is just shadowing the light coming in from my big window in the sitting room - I can't wait for proper lighting!!

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

Looks great! Any ideas for the backsplash? My cabinets are going to be an espresso stained color shaker style, and I'm looking for something that will coordinate with the calacatta nuvo. The backsplash in catladyk picture looks great and seems it could work with espresso-colored cabinets. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated!

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

Thanks! As for backsplash, I have no idea! I Initially fell in love with the backsplash below, but am wondering if it will be too white.. I love how they sparkle though! I'm also not putting in under cabinet lighting... We then thought maybe a medium gray, but I am worried the gray will be too dark or depressing! The walls are Benjamin moore's edgecomb gray, and I am pleased how well the counters look with the warm grey - my interior designer never ceases to amaze me with her choices!! I saw catladyk's tiles, and they are lovely - a colour combination I had never considered. But then my floors are grey, so catladyk's might not work as well for me... Once the lighting is done I am getting my designer in again to help me pick the backsplash - but do let me know what you are considering! I will let you know what we decide :)

My initial thought for backsplash:

Something I flirted with!

my designer reminded me I wanted a timeless look, and that this would date quickly.. We are looking for a "forever" kitchen! Haha, or at least as "forever" as they come. She helped me realize I could bring colour in with easily changeable decor.

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

I think catladyk's tiles would look lovely with espresso cabinets!

• K
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My tiles do read a little dark over a large area, so I don't know if you would want to go a little lighter with espresso cabinets. jcollins84: I love your floor tiles. Though my floor tiles are similar, yours have the look I was going for. My floor tiles are supposed to be gray, but it's funny how both the floor tiles and backsplash tiles can read brown in some pictures and gray in others. I don't know if it's the lighting, the camera/phone, the brown paper i have as window coverings or all of the above. I'm sure the colors will change again when I actually get paint on the walls (which I still haven't picked out)!

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

Thank you, Catladyk! It's funny you say that, because I have been wondering if I should have gone warmer. Lol, water under the bridge, I have no intention of ripping up my floor - that floor took a long time for us to put in!! I know what you mean with the gray and brown, it's so hard to tell in photos! I haven't seen a photo of your floors, but would love to. So are your backsplash tiles more of a warm gray? They are lovely!

• K
    8 years ago

rcolburn99: Here is the picture of my tile sample (middle bottom) along with the tiles I ordered. They didn't look the same to me and it was weird that the box was marked verona as I thought verona was more gray, but there wasn't anything the distributor could do except tell me they were the same as the sample.

Before grout:

After grout:

It's difficult to get pictures that reflect accurate colors.

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

catladyk Thank you for posting the pics! The counters are being installed as we speak, I will try and post a couple pics tonight. I see what you mean, they read a little dark and not sure if they would go with espresso cabinets.

• K
    8 years ago

Ok, here are some pics of my almost completed kitchen. I still need to paint and buy window coverings. The floor is Daltile City View, Skyline Gray (although it reads more tan). The backsplash is really washed out in these pics. The pic in the above post (after grout) shows the range of colors better than the pics below.

• jcollins84
    8 years ago

Beautiful!!

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

Wow, that looks great!!

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

Is that a Bosch dishwasher?

• Lisa
    8 years ago

That is gorgeous!

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

Here are a couple photos. I still need to refinish the cabinets. catladyk, the photos of the back splash really helps me get an idea of how it would look with espresso cabinets - thanks again for posting!

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Catladyk, beautiful kitchen! How much is the overhang on your counter? It looks almost flush but maybe it's 1/4 or 1/2"?

• K
    8 years ago

I wish the pictures were better. It really doesn't show the depth of colors. Thank you everyone for your kind words! It means a lot to me since the process of this renovation was so excrutiating. It was really difficult to find the time to do everything--order samples, which sink, which faucet, which appliances, doors vs drawers, what floor material, what backsplash tiles, what lighting, what colors, materials, etc. Hence, the burnout & no paint, light fixtures (other than the recessed) nor window dressings yet. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but next time I would get a designer. It was a lot to do living in another city & with a full-time + job. To answer your questions, yes, that is a Bosch dishwasher -- pretty scary that you can tell! I don't know the exact measurement of the counter overhang, but my guess is that it is about 1/8" to 1/4". It is pretty flush near the doorway though since I squeezed as much cabinetry in as I could. jcollins84 & rcolburn99, your kitchens are going to be amazing! How can they not be? You picked an awesome countertop! :)

• Kristen
    8 years ago

I just ordered three slabs of Ceasar Stone Calacatta Nuvo, 120 x 56. I am using them for the counters and also the backsplash. Has any one done that? I paid $2395.50 per slab. The distributor said that this item is "non-discountable". I am still suffering from sticker shock but love the surface so much I will get over it quickly!

• rcolburn99
    8 years ago

Does anybody have any suggestions on what color cabinets to go with? Can't decide between a light grey or dark wood... Cabinets are maple wood.

• brookeh4
    8 years ago

Light gray would look amazing

• agk2003
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    ecolburn99 if you're taking votes I vote for light grey too
  • Navy Momma
    8 years ago

Gray!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio