SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joygreenwald

JoyGreenwald's Thanksgiving kitchen reveal

joygreenwald
9 years ago

I am so excited to finally be able to share my kitchen reveal. And what better day than Thanksgiving? I am so thankful for this forum and all the help everyone here has given me. The kitchen is not quite done. There is construction junk hanging on top of the microwave. My husband needs to adjust the doors so they are actually even (which makes the hardware look uneven in the pictures) and finish the blind corner. We are waiting on some stainless outlet covers. And the center panel on the peninsula and spice pull out cover are being replaced soon. (They were damaged, but we were able to hang them back side out until the replacements arrive. Right now they don�t match.) But I thought it was done enough to share for the holiday.

Cabinets: Barker natural cheery. All the uppers are 13" deep (except for the tray cabinet, which is 15" and the pantry and refrigerator cabinets, which are 27" deep) by 42" high
Cabinet hardware: CoolKnobsandPulls.com stainless rectangular bars (32", 20", and 12" sizes)
Granite: Bross Blue leathered
Sink: Kraus not quite zero radius
Faucet: Blanco Culina (low flow model)
Filtered water faucet: Kingston
Soap dispenser: Generic, attached to a neverMT
Range: Fridgidaire Gas double oven
Hood: Windster
Backsplash tile: Aspect Tiles, stainless steel, in alternating short and long grain
Backsplash behind the sink: glass from onedayglass.com
Floor: Coretec Petrified Forest (Vinyl tile)
Paint color: Muralo Regal Attitude

We kept our Kitchenaide dishwasher (3 years old), Kenmore refrigerator (8.5 years old), and Panasonic microwave (19 years old!) because they all work and are in good shape (the fridge less than the others.)

Some of my favorite features:
-Glideware racks for hanging my pots and pans out of sight
-Custom blind corner built by my husband (with Blum hardware, pretty drawers and everything. Though only the blind part is done. He is supposed to install the two drawers that pull out
-Motorized trash/recycling!
-Rev-A-Shelf peg board, spice pull out, and sink tip out
-The cabinet that faces into my dining room near my back door with 4 pull-out shelves which hold all the things we need in the dining room or when we are running out the door
- My Omega 30" Super Susan

Structurally, we took down the small wall that used to house our fridge (and moved the fridge to the other side of the kitchen.) We expanded the width of the kitchen by 6" inches (bringing it up to a huge 12ft x 8.5 ft.) We took down the soffits, which allowed us to have significantly taller cabinets.

Everything in the original kitchen is back in the new kitchen except the toaster over. AND my cabinets are roomy with plenty of empty space left. My favorite unexpected difference was that I used the counter next to my range for raw meats and my peninsula for prep of anything non-meat. The granite, super deep undermount sink, and double oven made cooking and cleaning up so much easier.

My photography isn�t stellar, but at least it�s ample. ;)

This is the kitchen before:

{{gwi:1979482}}

{{gwi:1979483}}

{{gwi:1979484}}

{{gwi:1979485}}

And here is how it looks AFTER:
{{gwi:1979486}}

{{gwi:1979487}}

{{gwi:1979488}}

There are tons more pictures here: http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/joygreenwald/slideshow/New Kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: JoyGreenwald's kitchen slideshow

This post was edited by joygreenwald on Thu, Nov 27, 14 at 19:46

Comments (31)