SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilin_gw

(Almost) final reveal

IliN
10 years ago

We still have a few things to do but I have had a few people ask to see my Shiloh beaded inset cabinets with Misty Carrera Caesarstone, so here are a few photos! I still need to decorate the room, I need runners, a rug for under the table, new counter stools and pictures on the walls.

Here are some befores:
(We took down a wall where the laundry/mudroom was to make the kitchen bigger)

After:

Pantry pocket door

Pantry inside (excuse the mess)

Some detail shots...

Oh and here are the befores! We took down the wall and moved the laundry upstairs, the island was 2 ft before and now it's almost 8.

ETA info:

Cabinets: Shiloh Arctic white beaded inset, door style Aspen

Countertops: Caesarstone Misty Carrera

Hardware: Restoration Hardware Gilmore pulls and Aubrey knobs

Tile: Florida tile Berkshire, 6x24 in Hickory

Backsplash: Suprema gloss brick, color touch of gray porcelain hand painted tile

Wall color: Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray

Pendants: Pottery Barn brushed nickel pendant (these were a steal!! Under 80$ each as opposed to the benson pendant at RH which is closer to 300$ each)

Faucet: Hansgrohe high arc pull down spray in stainless steel

Fridge: Subzero

Induction Cooktop: GE 5 burner profile

All other appliances are whirlpool

Pantry shelves and cart all ikea which totalled under $120!! I love that they are open and I can see everything.

This post was edited by IliN on Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 13:54

Comments (73)

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Smiling, that is hilarious about the mixer!!!

We keep the kids plastic bowls, cups and plates in that cabinets and on the other side their lunch boxes. They fit perfectly!!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! And makes me want to see the rest of the house! Hint...

• Related Discussions

ALMOST, All White Finished Kitchen Reveal!!!

Q

Comments (80)
    Hi OB2B! We are thoroughly enjoying the kitchen. I was just thinking, yesterday, that a year ago we were starting the kitchen remodel. Time flies! I will have to do some digging for KIA pictures. But in the meantime...I am including a link to some pictures that I just received from my architect TODAY. They were taken by his photographer about a month ago to be used for his professional profile on HOUZZ. Look for Burlingame kitchen. Thanks for your interest!!!! I have missed GW. Life is busy. I started school for a certificate in Interior Design. All stemming from my remodel and my time spent here on GW! Here is a link that might be useful: HOUZZ pictures of my kitchen
    ...See More

Final Kitchen Reveal - Thank you GW!(lots of pictures!)

Q

Comments (119)
    Hello. I know I'm coming to your kitchen party late, but your kitchen is very close to what I am thinking of installing. Maybe you can answer a few questions? I have almost settled on the Cambria Buckingham, but I am worried it will make the kitchen too dark. I am having cabinets made, the stain will be very similar to the cabinets you installed. My floor is a white/off white porcelain tile (existing). I don't have can lights, only pendants over the islad, sitchen sink and light from west facing windows. I would love to know how you feel about your backsplash a many years later? I am thinking of using a plain subway tile, but worried it is too plain for the gorgeous Cambria. Thanks for any help you can throw my way!
    ...See More

Almost final, final reveal of my tiny, tiny kitchen

Q

Comments (40)
    sf_treat - how do you like your floor? how is it holding up? I'm looking at some floors from hardwood bargains. the samples are impressive, but I'm in Philadelphia so I'm going to have to pay some pretty hefty shipping. The price is low enough that even with the shipping it will be reasonable compared to some other options, but I'm concerned about ordering something that I basically can't return. (I could but I'd have to pay ANOTHER shipping charge)
    ...See More

Finally! My little socal 1930s Spanish kitchen reveal

Q

Comments (32)
    Oh I’m so glad your sweet little kitchen reno popped back up! I’d meant to comment on it when you posted it, and then I lost track of it. What a great job! Your material choices are spot on—it all feels right for this kind of house. I love how you treated the backsplash, and I applaud you for reusing the blue sink. It was a ballsy choice, and it totally works ;-) Hope you are enjoying it well!!
    ...See More
  • debrak2008
    10 years ago

Very nice. You did a great job with the photos. They look very professional. Really like the backsplash. Enjoy your new kitchen!

• aries61
    10 years ago

IliN, Are the cabinets arctic or polar white? In your countertop posting you mentioned that they were arctic white.

• YuliaO
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen!!

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aries, you are right they are arctic!! I will correct it :)

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!! I've been wondering if your kitchen was finished. So many things to comment on...love the windows and all the natural light in the breakfast area, love your cabinets, the nice big pantry, the backsplash, and the detail in your island. Great job!!! Especially having to pick everything out in such a short amount of time. I don't know if I would have been able to handle it. How are you liking your floors now? Hopefully they've grown on you. They look really pretty. And how do you like having your microwave in the base cabinet? Mine will be going in my island and I'm hoping I don't mind it being so low.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

It's clean, fresh, beautiful and functional....pretty much everything anyone would aim for in an A+ kitchen design!!! I absolutely love it and the pantry is amazing. My favorite things by far are the backsplash and the inset cabinets. Both of these, IMO, are what make your kitchen in terms of design. I think the icing on the cake is that it looks so incredibly functional and like the kitchen works perfectly for you. The large island must be a big "oooooh" for you everyday as you spread out and prep and cook on it. LOVE it.

• peony4
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I love the natural light with the white cabinets... were these pics taken in the morning? If so, what a wonderful place to enjoy a cup of coffee. (Or, if in the afternoon, a cup of tea.) I love the idea that you're raising your kids in this kitchen. Enjoy!

• marykh
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to share photo's, particularly the detail shots. You did an amazing job in a very short amount of time!

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!!! Congrats on a beautiful and functional space!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations! Things turned out so beautifully. I love the cabinet recessed panel detail on the Shiloh cabinet. The 2x6 BS looks so sharp with the Frosty Carrina CS. Everything looks so clean and pristine, and you are welcome to come and "mess up" my pantry anytime.

• amykath
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

I had to laugh when you posted the pantry picture and said "excuse the mess" wow, if that is a mess I have no idea what neat looks like to you! It is so organized! I am jealous!

• Linda
    10 years ago

Beautiful! You must be thrilled! That is a real showroom!

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. It must be a pleasure in work in !

• hough2012
    10 years ago

Beautiful Kitchen! I really like the pantry....can you give me more info on the shelving units? Thx!

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

I agree with "bright and functional". I could see myself actually cooking there. So many kitchens like this I always feel as tho there would be too many steps and reaches. Love the pantry!

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!

ppben will post some of the whole house soon, still a work in progress! Getting there though...

school house, I agree it really is a very functional kitchen to cook in, our KD did a great job! And am loving the cooktop on the island, I feel very sociable whilst cooking rather than having my back turned.

Hough 2012 the pantry shelves were 14 $ each, we were going to do wooden pantry shelves but we were running low on funds and time at the end so I drove to ikea and build these myself. Cost under $120
    for all of them. I bought a couple of extra ones so I could add 2 more rows on shelves to each one.(just had got my husband to drill the extra holes) I am so pleased with how they turned out and don't think we will ever replace them!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103727/

• LE
    10 years ago

Please tidy up that pantry and re-photograph it! (I think maybe one of the cans is a millemeter out of line. Or may a nano-meter!) Seriously, nice job AND nice photography.

• ellabee_2016
    10 years ago

There's a lot to like, but the part I *love* is the backsplash tile, which is amazingly warm in effect considering what a neutral color it is. Keeps that part of the kitchen from tipping over into icy, as the wrong grey could easily do.

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Wow, its really beautiful. Great job on everything! I really love your backsplash so much. And your pendants... And your open bookshelf...and the cabinetry around the sink. And I'm really jealous of your pantry, and the pretty dining area with that view. Another great reveal, thanks for sharing it & enjoy!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. So light and airy. Wishing you many happy hours there!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

You have a beautiful kitchen! Your KD did do a wonderful job. I'm getting a quote for Shiloh cabinets in the Aspen door style so I'm very glad to see your pictures.

Thank you for posting the "before" picture - I enjoy seeing the transformation.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Ilin, I am in love! I love the Beaded Inset Shiloh Cabinets. Your KD did a wonderful job. I am now going to look at the Aspen Door as it is so pretty! I really appreciate you sharing your almost final reveal! I love your beautiful bight and happy while being so functional kitchen! Thank you for sharing.

• Wagle
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is just beautiful.
    I am really interested in how you moved your laundry upstairs. I so want to do that.

• scorkery
    10 years ago

Wow, LOVE everything, nice job! I ordered same touch of grey tile so it's reassuring to see how amazing it looks. Been worried from samples the mix of tiles would be too monotone, not grey enough etc but yours looks perfect. Any tips to share in terms of installation?

Also, what grout color did you choose? Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful kitchen!

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Just beautiful! Love the kitchen, but have to say you did a fantastic job on the pantry! I think a trip to IKEA is in my future!

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

scorkery you will love the tile! It was a little lighter that I was planning to go but it has nice variation and looks beautiful.
    I can't remember the grout color, it was some sort of cool white, maybe the 2nd or 3rd lightest of the samples. Here is a close up!

• go_figure01
    10 years ago

What a spectacular kitchen. I LOVE it too. I am sure you are so happy. TY for sharing all the details too. I am in awe of your pantry - exactly what I needed to see.

Unless I missed it, I read the comments twice- can you post more about your flooring? is it tile? color/mfg?

Congratulations!!

• go_figure01
    10 years ago

What a spectacular kitchen. I LOVE it too. I am sure you are so happy. TY for sharing all the details too. I am in awe of your pantry - exactly what I needed to see.

Unless I missed it, I read the comments twice- can you post more about your flooring? is it tile? color/mfg?

Congratulations!!

• taggie
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the backsplash, all the cabinetry details, and I especially love the beautiful wine rack in your island. Congratulations on such a lovely and functional new space. Enjoy!!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

llin, can you please tell me the height of your cabinets, the height of your gorgeous crown molding and the height of your ceiling. I am so in love with your kitchen. I also love your floors and knew they would look great when everything was finished in the kitchen. I wish I had space for a walk-in pantry and island. As I said in the prior post, I love your cabinets, your floors, the hardware chosen, the big and small appliances that are gorgeous and I am sure very functional, the backspash, the lighting, the island, the wall color, your gorgeous faucet and that you have a beautiful window over the sink.

• opphop
    10 years ago

lliN and scorkery, can you tell me the source of the backsplash tiles? I need to order some soon and want the same except in a sage green shade. Thanks

• aries61
    10 years ago

Lynn2006, I hope that IliN doesn't mind that I answer a few questions of yours since I already asked in another post that I've linked below.

According to IliN her ceilings are 8', which should make her upper cabinets 39" since her cabinet crown moulding height is 3" according to the Shiloh spec book. She has the 4 1/4" fluted moulding which is measured on the face of the crown. She has a couple of close up pics of her crown on the linked post below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link showing crown moulding

• scorkery
    10 years ago

IliN - thanks so much for close up, exactly what i want. unf i picked up my tile yesterday and they are all very light shades, like lighter than the lightest tile in your mix, no variation. i want at least a little variation and some deeper shades like yours. i must have received a different lot. disappointing, ugh!

harmony hill - it's from mexican handcrafted tile. not sure they have sage green since i've only looked for white and grey. you may want to check out heath ceramics, they have beautiful colors.

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much everyone we are really enjoying our new home! I will post some pictures of the rest of the house soon.

go_figure01 The tile is called Floridatile Berkshire in Hickory color. I think the color is most accurate in picture number 2.

Aries thank you so much for answering Lynne's questions, you answered better than I could have myself!

Lynne thanks so much for your kind words!! Have you started the remodel process yet?

scorcery, when my tiles arrived I thought the same thing but they look sooooo different according the light that hits them. I had the under cabinet lights off in the photos which makes them look darker than they are IRL. Pic number 6 is probably the most accurate color wise. I'm sure they will look awesome once they are up!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Llin and Aeries61 for letting me know the specs of your cabinets and crown molding. I have 8 feet ceilings. I did not know that Shiloh sold 39" tall cabinets but they look great with just enough crown molding. I love that their are four shelves in each cabinet. Thank you!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Ilin, I would love to know how come your Whirlpool beautiful dishwasher does not stick out despite having Shiloh Inset Cabinets. I have been wanting Shiloh Inset Cabinets but now the salesman is trying to talk me into Full Overlay Frameless Cabinets saying my 4 year old KitchenAid Dishwasher will stick out. I bought the KitchenAid instead of the Bosch due to the dry heat and it held more. Now I am upset. Is your Whirlpool less deep than KitchenAid? I LOVE your kitchen so much. I even love your floors that you now wish were real wood but to me they are practical and beautiful.

• flying_c
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

I read on another thread that you're in the Boston area and had a good experience with your contractor. Would you mind posting their name or emailing it to me? Thanks!!

• IliN
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynne, it sticks out a teeny bit but this is covered by the decorative leg around the sink :) That's why you can't see it. I would think they are about the same size so don't worry!! We only got the Whirlpool so it would match with the existing double oven. I.m sure the kitchenaid will be fine!! How is your kitchen reno going?

Flying C, Can I send you a message here? How do I contact you?
    Here is a link to my contractors FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Discount-Cabinets-of-Framingham/111945118882277?fref=ts

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

IliN, thank you for letting me know that your Whirlpool sticks out a tiny bit and it is not a big deal and my KitchenAid dishwasher will be fine. :)

I am still trying to pick everything out and now I would like to see your sample door as I love your kitchen so much. I also now want to compare the Polar White with the Artic White with the tiles I bought. What width is your rails and stiles on your beautiful Cabinets doors: Shiloh Arctic white beaded inset, door style Aspen ?

I am still not sure of my counter yet since what I had chosen at the end of 2011 before I had to stop the renovation due to my healthy and my little dog's death, is not looking so great with the tiles I chose. I wish I had chosen nothing before and was starting from scratch. I have all my appliances but I am not sure I am keeping my almost 7 year old LG French Door Stainless Steel Refrigerator since I had so many problems with it already this year and it is not counter depth. I see now why counter depth is important. I am now wanting the Jenn-Air Counter depth 72" tall X 36" wide Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator.

Thank you for sharing so many beautiful pictures and answering our questions. You have great taste. I love your kitchen.

• MrsShayne
    10 years ago

OMG - Lucky you - that kitchen is amazing!!! I love all the color choices, especially the back splash.

Your first picture of the "reveal" looks like something out of a magazine. I had to take a double take!

Beautiful job!!

• gretchie3
    9 years ago

Agree - beautiful job!

A couple of questions...

Do you still love your tile? I'm considering this same exact tile (same color and size).

Are you happy with the quality of the Pottery Barn metal bell pendant lights? I'm looking for something like this and I like the price point. Do you think the quality is decent? Have you had any issues with them (for example when cleaning or light output, anything to note). Thanks so much!

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

Just gorgeous! I want a big beautiful island & a pantry that big, as well. I love your wine holder at the end of the island. Very clever....& looks like you have a great selection! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy it!

• daanoy
    9 years ago

Really gorgeous! Could you please tell me the thickness of your countertop? And are you happy with the color?

• RenovatingMrs14
    9 years ago

So gorgeous! Looks like something from a magazine!

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

No. I call foul. Clearly you got a whole new house. That or you some the photos from a magazine. ;) Congrats! That is quite a transformation.

• IliN
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, I hadn't checked in here for a few months :)

Gretchie3- Do you mean the floor tile or the backsplash tile? Backsplash tile I still LOVE. It's one of my favorite things in my kitchen. The floor tile... so so. I still miss really wood BUT it's practical and still looks the same as it did when it was installed.

Dawalli, the thickness of the countertop is the standard slab. I think 1 1/4 inch.

Joygreenwald, really was pretty awful before wasn't it!!

• gretchie3
    9 years ago

Hi @IIiN - my tiles arrived today (Suprema Gloss - Touch of Gray) and they look a lot more irregular than yours. I'm now wondering if it's even the same tile. More information about mine is "Mexican Handcrafted" tile by California Art Tile.

I'm using it for my downstairs/guest bathroom shower. I'm going to paint the walls a dark-ish gray so I'm thinking of using a gray grout instead of white.