SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erikanh

Please comment on my 'final' kitchen layout

erikanh
16 years ago

Hi all! I've been lurking here for over a year now, and I'm excited that my first ever kitchen reno is finally underway. I would love to hear all comments/criticisms on my kitchen layout. I've included a few "before" pix.

The biggest changes will be: a new 5'6" picture window of some sort between corner cooktop and fridge (I've been starving for more natural daylight), removal of my pantry closet which is way too deep and a clutered mess, removing the wall between kitchen and DR and building a smaller wall further in to make DR a little wider, and a large circular eating area integrated into my island to take the place of my kitchen table.

I need to pick my appliances soon so have also been spending lots of time on the appliance forum. I'm definitely going with a 36" induction cooktop (GE?), F&P DDs and 30" wall oven, FD fridge (Samsung? CD?). I'm purchasing painted cream cabinets made by Luxor (semi-custom) and I'm decided on granite (not sure of color yet). I haven't yet picked my sinks and faucets (KD is steering me toward Franke stainless and some farmhouse style faucets).

Thanks in advance for all comments, questions, concerns. =]

Erika

Here is a link that might be useful: More kitchen plans

Comments (23)