SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

What kind of microfibre mop do you have? How do I use it???

raehelen
16 years ago

OK- Bought a microfibre mop from WalMart yesterday- and the cheapskate part of me chose the WalMart brand 'Great Value'- partly cuz it was a fair bit cheaper, and partly cuz there was only one Vileda Swiffer one and it appeared to be broken- there were a few other styles, but this one appeared to have the biggest mophead and it came in silver and blue (perfect for my kitchen- cuz that's also important! JK) Oh yeah, and it says Satisfaction Guaranteed- so I figure I have NOTHING to lose, if it's not great- I can take it back, and in the meantime, my floors can get cleaned.

So, my questions are:

What brands/style of microfibre cloth mops do you have that you love?

How do I use it? I tried it DRY on the parts of the floor not covered with cardboard, and it did pick up dust left behind by my vacuum cleaner, but as I lifted up the mophead, bits fell off- so how do I get it to the door to shake out? There were no replacement heads in stock- but obviously I'm going to need at least one maybe more. Oh- and I will have hardwood on most of the upstairs floors and laminate downstairs, so I forsee using this or one like it a LOT!

I noticed the BONA cleaner online at hugely varying prices- is BONAKEMI the same thing? Some prices appeared 10X more expensive than others? Am I missing something?

Comments (4)