SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czecheart

white paint or stain on custom cabinets

czecheart
11 years ago

Planning on transforming our golden oak kitchen to a white Christopher Peacock type kitchen. With inspiration from GW Kitcheners, it will be elegant and timeless. I'm dreaming of BM dove white. I can't wait, wish it was finished now.

My question then is if cabinets would be hand-made, what are your experiences with painted finishes? I'm wondering how hand-painted cabinets hold-up versus factory painted finishes ? Did the cabinet maker paint your cabinets or did you get someone else? What made the painting work out well?

KD thinks we should consider having them stained with a white opaque stain (not pickling) instead of having them painted. He thinks they will look better, last longer, not chip and not start to show wear after 2 years ( for example , he claims from repeated openings rubbing near the handles ). KD, DH and sons all keep asking why put paint over beautiful hand-made cabinets ? Do you think a white kitchen could be achieved with white opaque stained cab? How do you think it would look? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Comments (5)