SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serawyn

Kashmir White granite for my white kitchen?

serawyn
13 years ago

Hi all,

I am new to the board and would like to ask for your help! We have been going through MAJOR renovation these last month and a half; adding a living room, library, 2nd bathroom, laundry room, and remodeling our entire kitchen.

Given when we started, I am amazed at how quickly our GC has kept up with the timeline and projects. Things have gone more than smoothly and it's not stressful as I thought it would be.

This isn't to say we didn't have any hiccups with our cabinet installations. To say the least, the cabinet guys put 7 holes in my upper cabinets looking for a stud....Yup yup. They didn't find any, but left 7 huge holes. :(

Anyway. The problems are now fixed and we are happy. However, granite just got put in by the granite company and I'm so unsure about the color! Please tell me we made the right choice!

Our kitchen is a clean, stark white with breadboards. These were Diamond cabinets ordered through Direct Buy. The floors will be hand scraped hickory hardwood. The countertop we chose was Kashmir White granite. We went with this granite because we wanted a clean, fresh looking kitchen that would not date. To me, a white kitchen is classic.

The granite fabricator was amazing. He let us choose from 4 different slabs of granites trying to match the grains to make sure everything flows nicely in the kitchen (our countertops are in a U shape). Considering the length of each wall, we were amazed we didn't have any seams! He actually cut from 4 different pieces of granites to make sure everything looked perfect.

Our walls are 130 by 160 by 135. The middle wall is broken up by a slide in range. Basically, we got two L shape counters and a long 135 slab for the bar. Due to the light color of the granite, I can see the joint if I am looking for it. Here are a few photos...please let me know what you think. Sorry, it's still a work-in-progress, but at least it'll give you an idea.

I'd appreciate and opinion on the colors. I'm having major doubts here. :(

Comments (13)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional