SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marinagalgw

Kitchen update - seeking opinions

MarinaGal
11 years ago

Hi all,

We are updating a kitchen in a house we recently purchased. I am attaching some photos I took prior to closing, not great, but they give an idea of what we are working with. We are replacing floor (Marmoleum most likely), countertops (white quartz on the perimeter and most likely a gray on the kitchen island), lighting, cabinet hardware, sinks, and faucets. I am trying to create a more modern look. We are not changing the layout, which is functional and workable for us. The butler's pantry is directly off the kitchen - the main kitchen sink and the butler's pantry sink are along the same window wall.

I am trying to decide how to give the kitchen and the butler's pantry their own look, given that the cabinets are identical. I was originally planning to separate the spaces with different countertops - putting white quartz on the kitchen perimeter cabinets, and gray quartz on the island and butler's pantry. However, I think I prefer the white quartz in the butler's pantry as well, and definitely want it on the kitchen perimeter tops. I could change cabinet hardware and use a different sink and faucet style in the butler's pantry. Or, I could look at a different floor or painting/staining the butler's pantry cabinets. I have decided against painting the main kitchen cabinets, but I may paint the bank of cabinets against the back wall to match the wall color we ultimately select, thereby reducing the impact of all of the cherry stained wood. I think my head is just tired of thinking through the options at this point - so would welcome ideas and opinions.

(Undoubtedly, some of you will notice the lack of venting for the island rangetop. That took hours and hours of research, several technical consultations, and repeated visits to appliance stores to resolve - but we do have a plan for it!)

Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)