SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazydm

all windows, no walls,worried about storage and appliances

lazydm
16 years ago

new to forum so please forgive my inexperience. i am not very technical so trying to add a picture or drawing seems daunting. adding new kitchen/great room. open area--great room 20x20 to one side(north) of kitchen 16x16. eastwall all windows for both rooms. kitchen south wall windows and door to hot tub/firepit and BBQ grill. no walls in kitchen yet -but could build in a 36"refer and undercounter single oven that would be between opening on one side that leads to hallway to laundry room and back entry hall and open to dining room on the other side. refer and oven would face east. back side of refer and oven would have built in buffet on one side (facing north into dining room) and built in desk on the other side (facing south and into back entry hallway). on the side opposit of built in desk i could have a built in (butlers pantry?) with both upper and lower cabinets and counter or any combination of storage or appliances. to divide great room and kitchen could have a large island (built into and around a support beam---long side of island would be on great room side and kitchen side, short side of island and support beam on dining room side. have plenty of room for another island in middle of kitchen. on the other side of great room is a room that has all windows on north side and door to outside patio on east side. 12'wide by 16' deep. will have a built in pizza oven and wet bar on west wall. behind west wall and open to entry and dining room is den with fireplace and TV. hope this is not too confusing.

now my questions are these: has anyone done a kitchen with no uppers and pretty much open to all other rooms? how did you figure out where to put appliances? cooktop,2nd oven (speedcook/micro combo?) or warming drawer? how did you manage your undercounter storage? what size space do i need for dishes,pots/pans/garbage,recycling,food.etc,etc,etc. thank you all so much. can't tell you how much i appreciate this forum--but then you all seem to feel the same. thanks thanks m

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!