SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
astridh_gw

need spanish/tuscan/mexican bar stools. Any ideas?

astridh
15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We moved back into our kitchen just a couple days ago. No photos of our island yet, but I need to find some bar stools.

We have a spanish colonial style home. Here is a description of the new kitchen: the peripheral cabinets are alder with a medium brown glaze and have honed yellow/beige quartz countertops (Caesarstone "creme limestone"). The backsplash is off-white rustic tile with some blue/green/yellow painted accent pieces. The floor is a porcelain tile meant to look like terra cotta. The range and wall oven are cobalt blue (Viking). The island (not here yet, so no pictures) will be a painted distressed dark blue and the island countertop will be walnut. The lighting and pulls will be wrought iron.

So, I could use medium wood-tone, dark wood-tone, or wrought iron for the island bar stools. I will need five. I am going for a rustic mediterranean look. I want a fairly low back and no arm rests. I have three kids, so I need something sturdy. I was considering a rush seat, but I wonder if they will be hard to keep clean with the kids spilling food crumbs onto them. Anyone with any suggestions? Thank you so much!

Comments (16)