SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judydel_gw

Kitchen works well!

judydel
13 years ago

We are ALMOST finished with our addition/kitchen renovation projects. I haven't been on GW much over the past many months and I hope everyone's projects are going well. I used to spend so much time on here . . .

My husband is semi retired and now grows EVEN MORE than ever in his miscellaneous gardens. He even sold raspberries this past summer at a local farm stand (150 bushes!!). Here are some photos of just a sampling of his bounty and my attempt to can, freeze, dehydrate, cook, bake it all in my new kitchen. I must say, having all this room and organization makes it sooooo much easier to handle these big projects, while still allowing space to make lunches, dinners, etc. at the same time. I'm so content.

Here are some veggie photos first . . . and in a subsequent message I'll post some fruit and berry photos.

We had lots of pepper this summer. I dried the hot ones to be used as crushed red pepper and I froze the sweet ones. These peppers are sweet, believe it or not. Notice the apple peeling, coring, slicing project going on at the sink in the background.

Our 4' long garden sink came in handy this summer. Here are tomatoes being washed and readied for canning. I canned 50 quart jars of tomatoes this year.

This is our canning cupboard : )

Top shelf down:

Dried apple rings, dried eggplant, dried string beans

Canned peaches, dried hot peppers, apple sauce, peach jam, raspberry jam

Apple butter, tomato puree, and some more hot peppers

I made fermented pickles in a crock this year!

Comments (59)