SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenellecal

Almost finished then...BAM - wild fire

jenellecal
15 years ago

We were almost finished with a DIY interior remodel, good thing I wasn't loving my kitchen colors enough to be too devestated.

We lost our home in the Santa Barbara wild fire last week (or was it a week and a half already, geez). We all got out safe with the animals, some of the personal papers, some of the photos, the oldest computer in the world and my old laptop (we left the new computer behind since it wasn't completey uploaded with all the data. We wach grabbed a couple of sets of clothing and my son got his video games (priorities!!).

Luckily we had an open permit and all of our plans with us, we didn't grab the extenable folder with all the details though (bummer). I now get to completely re-do my kitchen (oh yea, the entire house too lol). This time I get the colors I absolutely want instead of trying to make do with a budget DIY. We'll still have to be careful (no Van Gogh granite) but I can definately upgrade the cabinets. I didn't go high end appliances and still won't but I will have my Fisher and Paykel dishdrawers again, I miss them already. Do you know that my dishes inside the dishdrawers survived? Too bad I only had a couple of pieces in there.

So anyway, you'll be seeing me on the boards more and more angsting about which color blue I want in my kitchen or which colors blue accessories work best :)

Comments (42)